Clear All

• Transactions

Hi.

I want to

* receive a jms message from 'myJmsQueue'
    * put it on the 'requestChannel' SI channel
    * process it in 'MyService.handleMessage(Message<String> message)'
    * put the result on 'resultChannel' SI channel
    * process it from there in 'MyResultService.handleMessage(Message<String> message)'
    * and put that output on the 'myJmsResultQueue'.

Everything should happen in one JTA transaction. If anything fails, the db should rollback, and the jms message should be put on a dlq in jms.

Is this possible with SI?

How should I configure it using the namespace support in my applicationContext.xml? Where should I put my @Transactional annotations?

Thanks!

/Magnus

As long as you use <channels/> *without queues* between each endpoint, then the entire message flow will take place on the same thread. a transactional boundary can be established for a poller by adding the <transactional/> sub-element. For example, if you are using a polling inbound-channel-adapter for the JMS requests, this would be the basic idea:
    Code:
    <jms:inbound-channel-adapter destination="myJmsQueue" channel="requestChannel"  ...>
        <poller>
            <interval-trigger interval="1000"/>
            <transactional transaction-manager="txManager"/>
        </poller>
    </jms:inbound-channel-adapter>

<service-activator input-channel="requestChannel" ref="myService" method="handleMessage" output-channel="resultChannel"/>

<service-activator input-channel="resultChannel" ref="myResultService" method="handleMessage" output-channel="jmsOut"/>

<jms:outbound-channel-adapter id="jmsOut" destination="myJmsResultQueue/>
    If your transactionManager bean is named "transactionManager", you can leave that attribute out.

Let me know if you have more questions. Hope that helps.
    -Mark

Comment

where does one configure the transactionManagerBean? I mean where does it live, physically.

Comment

so JTA for DataBase will be

<bean id="dataSource" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryB ean">
        <property name="jndiName" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/petclinic"/>
        </bean>

<!-- Transaction manager that delegates to JTA (for a transactional JNDI DataSource) -->
        <bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTran sactionManager"> <<<<--THIS WILL BE WebSphereUowTransactionManager for WAS
        <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
        </bean>

And for JMS?

Comment

Working...
        X