Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Integrating FTP with Spring Integration

Hello,

I see that the FTP adapter has been moved into a separate extensions project.

This is probably a dumb question, but are there instructions somewhere on how to add the FTP adapter into my Spring Integration project? I downloaded the SVN source but when I tried to build the project it gave me "Unbound classpath variable: IVY_CACHE in project org.springframework.integration.ftp"
    and
    "Unbound classpath variable: ASJPECTJRT_LIB in project org.springframework.integration.ftp"

I take it I need to set up these classpath variables, but I do not know where I would point them. I don't have AspectJ or Ivy installed on my machine... is that a separate dependency I have to download? Any help on getting the FTP adapter integrated would be much appreciated.

Here are the exact error messages I get when I try to build this in Eclipse:
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    Unbound classpath variable: 'ASPECTJRT_LIB' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/net.sourceforge.cglib/com.springsource.net.sf.cglib/2.1.3/com.springsource.net.sf.cglib-2.1.3.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.apache.commons/com.springsource.org.apache.commons.logging/1.1.1/com.springsource.org.apache.commons.logging-1.1.1.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.apache.commons/com.springsource.org.apache.commons.net/1.4.1/com.springsource.org.apache.commons.net-1.4.1.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.apache.oro/com.springsource.org.apache.oro/2.0.8/com.springsource.org.apache.oro-2.0.8.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.easymock/com.springsource.org.easymock.classextension/2.3.0/com.springsource.org.easymock.classextension-2.3.0.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.easymock/com.springsource.org.easymock/2.3.0/com.springsource.org.easymock-2.3.0.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.junit/com.springsource.org.junit/4.4.0/com.springsource.org.junit-4.4.0.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.springframework.integration/org.springframework.integration.adapter/1.0.0.CI-309/org.springframework.integration.adapter-1.0.0.CI-309.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.springframework.integration/org.springframework.integration.file/1.0.0.CI-309/org.springframework.integration.file-1.0.0.CI-309.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.springframework.integration/org.springframework.integration/1.0.0.CI-309/org.springframework.integration-1.0.0.CI-309.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.springframework/org.springframework.beans/2.5.6/org.springframework.beans-2.5.6.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.springframework/org.springframework.context.support/2.5.6/org.springframework.context.support-2.5.6.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.springframework/org.springframework.context/2.5.6/org.springframework.context-2.5.6.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.springframework/org.springframework.core/2.5.6/org.springframework.core-2.5.6.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.springframework/org.springframework.test/2.5.6/org.springframework.test-2.5.6.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem
    Unbound classpath variable: 'IVY_CACHE/org.springframework/org.springframework.transaction/2.5.6/org.springframework.transaction-2.5.6.jar' in project 'org.springframework.integration.ftp' org.springframework.integration.ftp Build path Build Path Problem

Comment

To set the IVY_CACHE classpath variable in Eclipse, do the following:

Go to "Preferences > Java > Build Path > Classpath Variables"
      Click "New..."
      The value should be: <your-svn-checkout-dir>/ivy-cache/repository

Hope that helps.
      -Mark

Comment

You can download a CI build from bamboo too, so you don't have to build yourself.
        https://build.springframework.org/do...ld-3/artifacts

Comment

Any example using FTP adapter

Hello,

Is there any example using the FTP Adapter?

thx

Comment

Yes, there is in the testcases of the SESIA project. I will put documenting this on the community wiki on my list, I've seen more questions about this.

Comment

thx iwein. will check and let u know.

Comment

i checked out the source code, and then ran "ant resolve" to get all the dependencies, added the IVY_CACHE classpath variable, and still get "missing jars" exception.

the following are missing
                Code:
                ivy-cache\repository\org.springframework\org.springframework.aop\2.5.6\org.springframework.aop-2.5.6.jar
                ivy-cache\repository\org.springframework\org.springframework.beans\2.5.6\org.springframework.beans-2.5.6.jar
                ivy-cache\repository\org.springframework\org.springframework.context\2.5.6\org.springframework.context-2.5.6.jar
                ivy-cache\repository\org.springframework\org.springframework.core\2.5.6\org.springframework.core-2.5.6.jar
                ivy-cache\repository\org.springframework\org.springframework.transaction\2.5.6\org.springframework.transaction-2.5.6.jar
                when i checked the ivy repository, the missing jars were downloaded under a ".A" version. so for org.springframework.aop-2.5.6.jar it was downloaded under 2.5.6.A version. Its the same for all the missing jars.

Am I missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by iwein View Post
                  Yes, there is in the testcases of the SESIA project. I will put documenting this on the community wiki on my list, I've seen more questions about this.
                  Hi Iwein,
                  Have you updated the documentation for FTP?

Comment

Originally posted by kackley View Post
                    Have you updated the documentation for FTP?
                    Thanks for the reminder. I'll try to put a few cycles into that on Friday. It's still sitting right at the middle of my ToDo list

Comment

Is it still available? I have to use spring 2.5.6 with spring integration 1.0.4 and need ftp integration.

Comment

Working...
                      X