Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throwing exceptions from test methods

Hi,

I have been trying to use ExpectedException and Test(expected=NullPointerException.class) annotations, in order to indicate to my JUnit test to expect an exception to be thrown from a test function. Prior to deriving from AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests, my test worked fine, but since i started deriving from this class, my test fails. I have checked and my function still throws the excepction, but it is not regarded as expected.

is the use of ExpectedException annotation not supported with AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests?

thank you,
    shahar.

Shahar,

is your question related in any way to the Spring Integration project? If not (which I suspect), please address it to the appropriate section. In your case, I think it's the Core Container.

Marius

PS: In short, AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests is JUnit 3 based, while you are trying to use it in a JUnit 4 test, that's why it doesn't work. If you want more details, please address the question in the Core Container section.

Comment

Done.
      Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X