X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service activator

When I defined a service activator in xml, I had to declare the "method" property. Generally a service has a lot of methods, then I had to define many service activators having different methods and channels for the same service. It is troublesome. Is there any approach to simplify this problem just like mule, which only need appoint the service component, and which method of the service to be invoked is dynamically determined?

We do indeed plan to add this feature. There is an open issue describing some background information here: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/INT-191

Basically, we will be supplementing the current MethodResolver with dynamic resolution based on the inbound Message. However, this may be a little bit more complicated than simply providing a payload-type matcher (that is trivial and we could support it immediately). The difference here is that we already support type-conversion. For example, if your method expects an Integer but you pass a String "123". That will convert automatically. There is also out-of-the-box support for more interesting conversions like a String representation of a file path to a java.io.File object.

Please feel free to add any comments to that JIRA issue if you have some specific ideas beyond the payload-type match - also taking into account this type-conversion feature that is built-in.

Thanks,
    Mark

Comment

That's good. Could you tell me when this feature will be implemented?

Comment

Working...
      X