X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• messageBus Dispatcher-pool-size

The http://www.springframework.org/schem...ration-1.0.xsd does not have dispatcher pool size define. In the spring integration doc, it said the dispatcher pool size can be configured. Did this get removed?

<message-bus dispatcher-pool-size="25"/>

This is how I increase my dispatcher pool size right now if you are curious.

<message-bus task-scheduler="providerTaskScheduler" />

<beans:bean id="providerTaskScheduler" class="org.springframework.integration.scheduling. spi.ProviderTaskScheduler">
    <beans:constructor-arg index="0" ref="simpleScheduleServiceProvider" />
    </beans:bean>

<beans:bean id="simpleScheduleServiceProvider" class="org.springframework.integration.scheduling. spi.SimpleScheduleServiceProvider">
    <beans:constructor-arg index="0" ref="scheduledThreadPoolExecutor" />

<beans:bean id="scheduledThreadPoolExecutor" class="java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExe cutor">
    <beans:constructor-arg index="0" value="40" />
    </beans:bean>'

Thanks,

Michael

The pool size property was removed, meaning that the configuration of the <message-bus/> element's 'task-scheduler' attribute is now more explicit - but also more flexible - and hopefully less confusing. If none is provided, the default is created by the parser instead of within the MessageBus implementation.

The SimpleTaskScheduler (which still delegates to a TaskExecutor instance) replaces the scheduler classes that you were configuring, so that overall the configuration is actually simplified:
    Code:
    SimpleTaskScheduler taskScheduler = new SimpleTaskScheduler(anyTaskExecutor);
    If you define such a bean definition then provide it to the message bus:
    Code:
    <message-bus task-scheduler="simpleScheduler"/>
    You may also be interested in the namespace support for creating a ThreadPoolTaskExecutor:
    Code:
    <thread-pool-task-executor id="taskExecutor" core-size="5" max-size="50"/>
    Hope that helps.
    -Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark. Can you provide some simple example on how to increase the core size? My example doesn't seem right.

Comment

Can you post the relevant excerpt from your configuration and/or code?

Comment

This is how i configured the dispatcher size right now. I didn't want to use ThreadPoolTaskExecutor because I would like to keep the Polling feature for schedule task.

Code:
          <message-bus task-scheduler="providerTaskScheduler" />

<beans:bean id="providerTaskScheduler" class="org.springframework.integration.scheduling. spi.ProviderTaskScheduler">
          <beans:constructor-arg index="0" ref="simpleScheduleServiceProvider" />

<beans:bean id="simpleScheduleServiceProvider" class="org.springframework.integration.scheduling. spi.SimpleScheduleServiceProvider">
          <beans:constructor-arg index="0" ref="scheduledThreadPoolExecutor" />

<beans:bean id="scheduledThreadPoolExecutor" class="java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor">
          <beans:constructor-arg index="0" value="40" /> 
          </beans:bean>'

Comment

So, it looks like you are passing a core size of 40 to the constructor of ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor. Can you explain what you mean when you say that it's not working? What behavior are you observing?

Comment

It is working. I am just wondering if that is the right way to do it or if there is a better way to configure this.

Comment

Working...
              X