Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule for the 1.0 release?

Hello,

I am planning to start an integration project in December this year, and I am curious to try out Spring Integration. (It looks very good from the documentation and the samples.) So my question if there is a schedule for the 1.0 release? I will not start with any beta/milestone release(I did that with Mule once and that was quite painful).

We do have an internal schedule, but it wouldn't be very smart to commit to that externally for non paying customers . If you would take out a support contract you could negotiate commitment from our side. If you don't you can wait and hope. I think you might get lucky.

It would highly surprise me if we needed to make breaking changes to the API at the end of the year, but as I said: no guarantees.

Comment

I am willing to go with SI on production in November (and I hope at least RC1 will be released then). So far M6 doesn't look that bad. But I see some major issues. Like the exception handling I addressed in INT-378 and the correlation id in INT-379. Still I think the the risk with the current state is calculable.

By the way: I am about to sign your support contract - though my colleague shares the opinion I should get paid for beta-testing . Nevertheless I enjoy using SI, the experience with Spring and you guys.

Keep up the good work!

Tai

Comment

November sounds like a good time to start using SI in anger, however if you have a production release planned then I'd say it's a bit early. We've seen people go to production successfully on release candidates before on other projects, but that doesn't mean you're not on the bleeding edge (in case you hadn't noticed).

As for the beta testing: its highly appreciated. If the world was made out of people like you we would all have flying cars. It may sound like a joke but it's probably true.

Comment

Originally posted by iwein View Post
          As for the beta testing: its highly appreciated. If the world was made out of people like you we would all have flying cars. It may sound like a joke but it's probably true.
          We are starting to model our application around spring integration, so yeah - we wish for flying cars and are most likely happy to test SI too .-D

Comment

Originally posted by huima View Post
            We are starting to model our application around spring integration, so yeah - we wish for flying cars and are most likely happy to test SI too .-D
            Please don't log an issue in JIRA for this

Comment

Rc1?

Hi Iwein,

When will RC1 be released? I checking your site already on a daily basis .

Thanks Tai
              P.S.: by the way we have recently signed your support contract - it case it matters .

Comment

It shouldn't matter for the public release schedule if you sign a support contract or not (and it doesn't). But if we can help you in an other way we will do that of course.

Comment

Working...
                X