No announcement yet.
Message bus no stopping when application stops? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message bus no stopping when application stops?

I have four applications (let's call them S1, S2, M
    and P), all running a message bus. P send messages to M through a point to point channel (over RMI). M resends the messages using a publish/subscribe channel. S1 and S2 are subscribers (also using RMI) to M channels.

The problem, is that when I stop application M, messages continue to go from P to S1 and S2 and if I restart M, S1 and S2 stop receiving messages.

This seems strange. Can the message bus in application M continue working even when the application has stopped? (All applications are running as Eclipse projects, inside Eclipse.)

This seems strange indeed, can you post code so we can give it a go? (you can also just zip up the projects if you want)

It will be difficult to send the whole project. I might ry to make a little example to isolate the problem.

However, I realized that I had used the same channel names to communicate between application P and M on one side, and M and S1, S2 on the other side. When I changed the channel name, the problem disapeared.

May be it's is normal that application P and S1, S2 continue comunicating when M is down if the channel names are the same. If this is the case, it just means that I have not completly understood how things are supposed to work;-)

I must add that I am usingRMI gateways and handlers, with a separate registry (same registry for all four applications)

It sounds like you fixed the problem with that. If you find something that is still not making sense to you we still love to hear about it of course.