Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Migration : Windows to Linux

Hi,

I could not find any threads related to the issue that I have. Could someone let me know if it is possible to migrate the live application from Windows XP to Redhat Linux? And whether it is really a hassle to do it that way? Any kind of advice and pointers will be really helpful

Thanks a lot.

Vishal

It's Java, Spring doesn't care on which OS you run. From your post it is unclear if you're running Spring Integration, but the same goes for that. I would pay extra attention to file system access.

Comment

Spring Migration : Windows to Linux

Thanks for your quick response. Yes. You are right its Java and should not be spring, but it was not clear because when I downloaded Spring, it gave me an option for which OS you are downloading. That made me think about the OS.

Also, I am not using Spring integration. I am just using Core Spring techniques including JDBC access and BeanFactory and stuff on Eclipse 3.3. I suppose this will be platform independent.

Please let me know. Thanks

Vishal

Comment

just a follow up on this thread, I too have an application built on spring (core, AOP, MVC, webflow, springsecurity, ibatis, PostgreSQL) and currently considering moving from windows XP to linux. Which version of linux should I use (Debian, Fedora, etc...)

Appreciate any suggestions, lessons learned, documentation that would help migrate my application.

Thanks
        Last edited by sattyani; Aug 21st, 2008, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X