Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS-Security support

Hi,

In one of our projects, we're calling an external webservice. The requests to this webservice should be signed with the aid of WS-Security. The (synchronous) responses are not signed. This signing is done with a certificate stored in a JKS. Currently this is implemented with Axis2 and Rampart that handles the WS-Security part.

Is this scenario with WS-Security supported (out-of-the-box) by SI ?
    If yes, how should this be configured ?
    If not, are there any plans to support it in one of the next releases ?

Regards, Stefan Lecho.

Spring Integration uses Spring WS for the WS source, target and gateways. You should check on the WS forums for discussions on the topic. I know that Spring WS supports WS-Security in 1.5 so I think you'll be successful.

Comment

Hi Stefan,

You'll need to leverage the Spring-WS API for that.

When Spring Integration comes into discussion, you can inject a WebServiceMessageCallback in your (Simple|Marshalling)WebServiceHandler. At this point, this will require using a bean rather than the namespace element. In this callback, you can secure your outgoing message as with any outgoing Spring-WS message.

Regards,
      Marius

Comment

Could someone please open a JIRA issue to include namespace support for the callback?

Thanks,
        Mark

Comment

http://jira.springframework.org/browse/INT-257

Comment

The 'request-callback' attribute is now available on the <ws-handler/> element (as of r690 in SVN).

-Mark

Comment

please add wssecurityinterceptor support on WSOutboundGateway

Spring-WS has nice support for WS-Security that cannot be used in Spring Integration because of the lack of namespace support. I am trying to validate a signed response using wsOutboundGateway. request-callback only helps to sign a request. How can I validate a response?

Comment

In general the statement "x cannot be used for lack of namespace support" is false.

That said, lack of namespace support can make your configuration unreasonably verbose, so if you have a good suggestion for namespace support for something, please create an issue. Preferrably this issue should have an example of your configuration without namespace support, and a suggestion to how the configuration would look with namespace.

Comment

Working...
                X