X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using FilenameFilter with FileSource

SI's FileSource supports the use of a FilenameFilter. Could anybody tell me how to inject a FilenameFilter if I create a file source using the following configuration?

<source-endpoint source="fileSource" channel="channel1">
    <schedule period="10000"/>
    </source-endpoint>
    <file-source id="fileSource" type="text" directory="//input"/>

Many Thanks
    Jon Ford

Namespace support is not currently available for those properties. However, I just created the following JIRA issue: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/INT-242

For now, to configure a fileFilter or filenameFilter, you would need to define the FileSource instance as a <bean/>. The id of that bean can still be used as a reference from the <source-endpoint/> element's "source" attribute.

Thanks,
    Mark

Comment

I thought that was the answer.

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Jon Ford.

Comment

Jon,

If you grab the latest version from SVN, the "file-filter" or "filename-filter" attributes may now be provided on a <file-source/> element (with a reference to a FileFilter or FilenameFilter instance respectively).

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

-Mark

Comment

Filename regular expressions

We have many requirements for file sources which filter based on a regular expression against the file name. Typically we have many of these in a single integration context, so it would be great if we could write:

Code:
          <file-source id="fileSource" type="text" directory="/input" filename-regex="rental*"/>
          <file-source id="fileSource" type="text" directory="/input" filename-regex="sale*"/>
          <file-source id="fileSource" type="text" directory="/input" filename-regex="disposal*"/>
          ORO, which is already an SI dependency, provides three pre-baked FilenameFilter implementations in org.apache.oro.io which take their regex from a String: AwkFilenameFilter, GlobFilenameFilter and Perl5FilenameFilter.

What do you think of providing a regex attribute to file-source, and would it be reasonable to implement it with one of the ORO filters? I'll volunteer to code it as long as it's not a misguided idea :-).

Thanks,

Jerry Gaines

Comment

It seems that the idea of a filename-regex attribute is good, but it's better to do it without ORO. See issue INT-252 in Jira for more details.

Comment

Working...
            X