X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documentation for SI config elements

Is there a document listing the available XML config elements, and the meaning of their attributes?

At the moment I am trying to glean meaning and use from the examples and reviewing the SI XSD. But there seems to be a bit of a mismatch.

For instance, the filecopy example uses the file-source element with the channel and poll-period attributes. But the XSD only defines the id and directory attributes.

Likewise the cafe/cafeDemo example uses the endpoint element with the handler-ref attribute. handler-ref is not defined in the XSD but handler is defined as required but is not declared in the XML config, even though the example runs.

So it would be really useful if there was a definitive list of config elements, the SI classes to which they map, and their attributes, with a clear description of each. Is there such a beast?

If not, where is the best place to source this info?

Ahh OK. The discrepancies between the config in the examples and the SI XSD seems to be because http://www.springframework.org/schema/integration/ is not up to date with 1.0.0.M3

So that explains my editor's confusion. Any chance of getting the M3 XSD published?

And finally, any chance of getting the XSD annotated to provide a description of all the elements and attributes?

Comment

I've updated the XSDs at: http://www.springframework.org/schema/integration

These were actually in synch with the M3 release - but not the latest changes in M4 development.

We will add more metadata in the XSD as well as an appendix in the reference documentation.

-Mark

Comment

Glad to hear that more metadata is on the way, but I'm still seeing a mismatch between whats in the XSDs and what is used in the samples. Eg in filecopyDemo.xml (extracted from spring-integration-samples-sources-1.0.0.M3.jar in 1.0.0.M3) it lists:

Code:
        	<si:file-source directory="${java.io.tmpdir}/spring-integration-samples/input"
                            channel="channel1" poll-period="10000"/>
        But http://www.springframework.org/schem...apters-1.0.xsd defines file-source as having only 2 attributes id and directory. Ala
        Code:
        <xsd:element name="file-source">
        	<xsd:complexType>
        		<xsd:annotation>
        			<xsd:documentation>
        	Defines a file-based source channel adapter.
        			</xsd:documentation>
        		</xsd:annotation>
        		<xsd:attribute name="id" type="xsd:string"/>
        		<xsd:attribute name="directory" type="xsd:string" use="required"/>
        	</xsd:complexType>
        </xsd:element>
        Ie channel and poll-period are not valid attributes according to the XSD.

A similar mismatch occurs for the endpoint definition. And in fact with the XSDs posted yesterday, endpoint is no longer a valid element. It seems to have been replaced with either source-endpoint or target-endpoint.

There seems to be quite a few other inconsistencies too .. unless I'm missing something fundamental.

Comment

You're looking at a moving target. Some significant changes in the namespaces have been done. The best thing to do is to check out the head and take the xsd from there. So far it has worked wonderfully for me.

This is not to say the docos shouldn't be fixed, it is just a workaround.

Comment

Working...
          X