X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS adapter

I see that from 1.0.0.M3 there should be support for implementing webservice adapters. Actually I can't find in the Spring Integration jar files the SimpleWebServiceTargetAdapter class that is mentioned in the documentation. By the way, could you please provide a WS adapter sample?

Levente

The Web Service adapters are in a separate JAR file that was introduced in 1.0.0.M3: "spring-integration-ws.jar".

We will provide a sample in M4, and at that time we will be able to demonstrate the source side as well. I opened this issue if you would like to vote and/or watch: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/INT-197

-Mark

Comment

WS Target Adapter error

I keep getting the error:

org.springframework.integration.message.MessageHan dlingException: Unable to determine reply channel for message. Provide a 'replyChannel' or 'replyChannelName' in the message header or a 'defaultOutputChannelName' on the message endpoint.

However, in my endpoint I have:

<endpoint input-channel="wstarget1" handler-ref="chain" default-output-channel="routing"/>

<handler-chain id="chain" >
      <handler ref="transformationService"/>
      <handler ref="defaultWSTargetCall1"/>
      </handler-chain>

<ws-target id="defaultWSTargetCall1" channel="wstarget1" uri="http://something"/>

Shouldn't this pick up routing as the next channel, given what's in the endpoint?

Comment

Do you have an explicitly configured channel named "routing". The error message you are seeing could also be a result of the channel not being discovered in the channelRegistry.

Comment

Yes, routing is configured as an explicit channel in the xml. It is also referred to in an annotation for a Router bean I've created. I have other similar endpoints, that are made up of simple MessageHandlers (i.e. non adapters) and they correctly use the default output of routing - it seems when the adapter is involved, then the default output of 'routing' is lost somewhere.

Comment

After looking at this again, I realized what's happening. I will try to explain (let me know if I need to clarify). The "defaultWSTargetCall1" is a target adapter, and the bus will create a subscription for that adapter to be listening on the channel "wsTarget1". You also created an endpoint with a handler chain that will be subscribed to "wsTarget1". Essentially, you have created a scenario where your explicitly defined <endpoint/> and the "defaultWSTargetCall1" by itself are acting as "competing consumers".

The error that you are seeing about the failure to resolve a reply channel is actually related to the reply *from* the Web Service call. You need to make sure that the message you are sending to the "wstarget1" channel has a 'returnAddress' in its MessageHeader (channel reference or a channel-name) or that the <endpoint/>you have defined contains a "default-output-channel" attribute.

Interestingly, this highlights something that might be refactored shortly (today or tomorrow). Namely, the "ws-target" (or any "*-target" for that matter) should probably only create the handler itself rather than a subscribed endpoint (which it does now). Based on this issue, I assume that you would be in favor of such a refactoring as providing a more intuitive model?

Thanks,
            Mark

Comment

Thanks for that Mark, I believe you're right. I would be in favour of such a change. In the current incarnation, however, does that mean I can't use the handler chain to refer to the ws-target as a handler only? I ask that because it seems that 'channel' is a mandatory attribute for the ws-target.

Comment

Hi Mark and Crew,

It sounds like the web services channel adapter is undergoing a few more changes at the moment. Is there any chance of a simple example using the ws adapter appearing before the M4 release? I am currently having issues receiving a response from my web service using the nightly builds since the M3 release.

We will provide a sample in M4, and at that time we will be able to demonstrate the source side as well. I opened this issue if you would like to vote and/or watch: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/INT-197
                Thanks,

Brad

Comment

Brad,

As the M4 release date is closing, a sample will be available about the same time.
                  Meanwhile, can you provide a bit more detail about the issues you're encountering with the adapter?

Thanks,
                  Marius

Comment

Working...
                  X