Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold action type

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is possibility for Spring Integration to do some kind of action which could be suspended/resume while depend on situation. For example: I had situation where I need to deliver a file from my local directory to a directory at the server side using FTP by processing a certain business processing rule like the one in example (Coffee Ordering).

However, there is a certain situation where i can't send the file to server if the server has flag me not to send, therefore I have to suspend the process. Do you think it is possible to do in Spring Integration?

Originally posted by cormet View Post
    Hi all,

I am wondering if there is possibility for Spring Integration to do some kind of action which could be suspended/resume while depend on situation. For example: I had situation where I need to deliver a file from my local directory to a directory at the server side using FTP by processing a certain business processing rule like the one in example (Coffee Ordering).

However, there is a certain situation where i can't send the file to server if the server has flag me not to send, therefore I have to suspend the process. Do you think it is possible to do in Spring Integration?
    You could implement a server-side file sucker that executes whenever the server is ready.
    Of course the server could signal ready-state as long as you find an appropriate way of trensferring the ready message, however I have not seen a custom mechanism in Spring Intgration for this out-of-the-box, you'll have to implement it.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. However, on the server side, I don't have any power to create/produce any code in that server due to legal agreement. The only key that I have is that once the server are not able to accept any file, there will be a flag in the directory which notifies my application to trigger not to send any files.

In general, I do have flexibility to do/create any things on my application but Not on the other side of server.

Cheers,

Comment

You could build a detour that pushes the messages to a local directory or channel based on the flag. I did the same thing bases on jmx, but you could have any other triggering mechanism.

On the other side you'd need to push the stored messages back into the system (in the input queue for the detour).

Comment

Working...
        X