Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Externalize the resource(propeties) file on WAS.

I am using spring in my project. It is deployed on to Websphere. Following is the configuration used in my application.

<bean id="messageSource"
    class="org.springframework.context.support.Resourc eBundleMessageSource">
    <description>The resource bundles</description>
    <property name="basenames">
    <list>
    <value>default</value>
    <value>messages</value>
    </list>
    </property>
    </bean>

The default.properties should be externalized such that my application picks up the keys in default.properties. Where should the properties file needed to be placed in websphere and what should be the change in the above configurations to be made such that application picks the properties file which is present in Websphere but not in my application.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Vijay.

Hi Vijay - I would like to clarify your objective with this. My understanding is that you want to store your default.properties file somewhere which is outside of your application's EAR file? Is there a particular reason why you want to do this?

If you really want to do this, there are some directories in WebSphere which are configured to be on the classpath out of the box. You can also configure additional directories to be on the classpath via the Admin Console/WSAdmin.

Comment

H Bronst,

Thanks for your response. My application will be talking to another application to which we will be passing some attributes present in default.properties. The values present in default.properties might affect the performance of the other one. So, in order to check the performance of the other application we need to play around with the default.properties by changing the values. So we thought of placing it somewhere in WAS but not in my application.

I understood that some of the directories will be under in Websphere under classpath. Sould i change any kind of configuration given above such that the configuration checks for the default.properties in the Websphere classpath.

Comment

Working...
      X