Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i upgrade to spring-integration??

Hello All,
    just a quick advice from you all..
    i have an existing messaging system that uses Spring JMS to read the incoming messages from some ESB, so if i want to use spring-integration then i just have to use the JMS adapter that receives the message from queue and send it to a channel, which now is handled by MessageListener class in my app.

so the big question for me is, should i try to upgrade to spring-integration to use all these cool annotation and spring-integration specific configuration or i am missing some important aspects of spring-integration that can be add to my existing app.

Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions.

As always, the important thing is to keep your application as simple as possible. If your application can benefit from some of the features of Spring Integration (e.g. routing), then try it out and see if it simplifies. If on the other hand, you only need to receive JMS messages and invoke a method on a simple Object, then Spring's existing support with the MessageListenerAdapter should be sufficient. One of Spring Integration's goals is to be easy to incrementally adopt for existing Spring-based apps, so it should be easy to experiment.

By the way, please do not post duplicate entries in the forum.

Thanks,
    Mark

Comment

thanks for the reply Mark, i am really excited to use spring-integration.

sorry for the dual post i don't know how it happened.. i could not delete also later.

thanks

Comment

No worries, I removed the duplicate.

Looking forward to your feedback

-Mark

Comment

Working...
        X