Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring intergration - xpath transformer

Hi,
    I am trying to think what could be best solution to implement for below requirement....
    1. I need to read the incoming request payload which would have a attribute called version <soapenv:Header/>
    <soapenv:Body><v1:TestQueryRequest version="1.0">........</v1:TestQueryRequest> </soapenv:Body>
    </soapenv:Envelope>
    2. I need to read this value of version from the request message and then depending on the value i need to call a different router classes may be which would route this message to the endpoint. If the version is 1.0 i need to use different set of JAXB classes which are generated from V1.0 schema and so on for 2.0 or 3.0 ....

I hope i am able to put my question correctly........

Thanks, anyhelp or advice is appreciated.

I suggest you read the XML section of the reference manual.

Most likely you'd need to use an XPath Router, and route to an appropriate unmarshalling transformer.

Comment

Thank you, Let me go throught it and give it a shot. Will reach out to you in case of any problems. Thanks again,

Comment

Hi,
        I tried to develop a solution today and i am facing below problem, Please help or advice.

Error:- WARN - WebContainer : 0 - org.springframework.integration.gateway.MessagingG atewaySupport doSendAndReceive - failure occurred in gateway sendAndReceive
        org.springframework.integration.MessageDeliveryExc eption: no channel resolved by router and no default output channel defined

Question:-I see the request payload hits the inbound gateway as well xpath router but seems like its not able to resolve the channel through the mapping i have implemented, Not sure if this is right way to do it...Could you please let me know what is the wrong thing i am doing here...

Requirement:
        1. I need to grab the version value from message "paymentQueryRequest" Ex: 2.0.
        2. Based on the version i need to pass it to appropriate router class and method where i need to execute a some logic before i set the outbound service channel.
        3. Also i need to do unmarshalling before the control goes into router class/method so i can read the value of XML through JAXB classes.

Code snippet:-
        Code:
           	<int-ws:inbound-gateway id="paymentQueryServiceGateway"
        		request-channel="paymentQueryRequestChannel" reply-channel="paymentQueryReplyChannel" />

<int:chain input-channel="paymentQueryRequestChannel" >
        	<int-xml:xpath-router resolution-required="false" xpath-expression-ref="channelIdentifier">	
        			<int-xml:mapping value="1.0" channel="paymentV1QueryRequestChannel"/>
        			<int-xml:mapping value="2.0" channel="paymentV2QueryRequestChannel"/>		
        	</int-xml:xpath-router>		
        	</int:chain>

<int-xml:xpath-expression id="channelIdentifier" expression=".//*[local-name()='PaymentQueryRequest']/@version"> 
        	</int-xml:xpath-expression>

<int:chain input-channel="paymentV1QueryRequestChannel" >
        		<int-xml:unmarshalling-transformer id="queryV1Unmarshaller" unmarshaller="queryMarshaller-v1.0"/>	
        		<int:router ref="routerForV1PaymentQueryBasedOnService" method="routePaymentQueryRequest"/>	

<int:chain input-channel="paymentV2QueryRequestChannel" >
        		<int-xml:unmarshalling-transformer id="queryV2Unmarshaller" unmarshaller="queryMarshaller-v2.0"/>	
        		<int:router ref="routerForV2PaymentQueryBasedOnService" method="routePaymentQueryRequest"/>	

<!-- channel defined -->
        	<int:channel id="paymentQueryRequestChannel" />	
        	<int:channel id="paymentQueryReplyChannel" />
        	<int:channel id="paymentV1QueryRequestChannel" />	
        	<int:channel id="paymentV2QueryRequestChannel" />

Request payload:-
              <v2:paymentQueryRequest version="2.0">
              .............data elements...
              </v2:paymentQueryRequest>
        Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot,
        Last edited by Gary Russell; Aug 28th, 2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

does your XML doc declare any namespaces?

Comment

Yes The request envelope would be
            <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
            xmlns:v1="http://www.abc.com/schemas/xyz/api/query/v1.0">

OR
            <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
            xmlns:v2="http://www.abc.com/schemas/xyz/api/query/v2.0">
            The only change would be the version number....

Before i posted this thread i tried using below attributes of xpath-expression but i got some kind of compile time error and then i removed it.
            ns-prefix="query" ns-uri="http://www.abc.com/schemas/xyz/api/query"

Please suggest the correct way to use this if this is what is missing on my side...

Thanks for the help
            Last edited by JeevanSpring; Aug 29th, 2013, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Hi there, I thought the problem could be because of namespace and tried some things to mention few of them are below along with error, please advice. thanks in advance.

Soultion 1:
              <!-- in this example it was suggested online that if i dont want to use namespaces then i can use local-name() funtion... -->
              <int-xml:xpath-router id="paymentQueryRouter" input-channel="paymentQueryRequestChannel" >
              <int-xml:xpath-expression id="entXpathExpression" expression="/*[local-name()='paymentQueryRequest']/@version">
              <int-xml:mapping value="1.0" channel="paymentV1QueryRequestChannel" />
              <int-xml:mapping value="2.0" channel="paymentV2QueryRequestChannel" />

Error - The following error occurred: no channel resolved by router and no default output channel defined

Solution 2:
              <int-xml:xpath-router id="paymentQueryRouter" input-channel="paymentQueryRequestChannel" >
              <int-xml:xpath-expression id="entXpathExpression" expression="/paymentQueryRequest/@version">
              <!--Declared map of namespaces -->
              <map>
              <entry key="v1" value="http://www.abc.com/schemas/xyz/api/query/v1.0"/>
              <entry key="v2" value="http://www.abc.com/schemas/xyz/api/query/v2.0"/>
              </map>
              <int-xml:mapping value="1.0" channel="paymentV1QueryRequestChannel" />
              <int-xml:mapping value="2.0" channel="paymentV2QueryRequestChannel" />
              Error: The following error occurred: no channel resolved by router and no default output channel defined

Comment

I am preety sure now that the root cause is related to the namespace, i tested below xpath expressions through standalone program without having namespaces in my xml document and it gives me the values...
                XpathExpression: /EntitlementQueryRequest/@version
                Result=> 2.0

However i need to get the same result using below xml document with dynamic namespaces, Please help or advice...

<soapenv:Envelope
                xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
                xmlns:v2="http://www.abc.com/schemas/xyz/api/query/v2.0">
                <soapenv:Header/>
                <soapenv:Body>
                <v2:PaymentQueryRequest version="2.0">
                <!-- Data Elements go here-------->
                </v2:PaymentQueryRequest>
                </soapenv:Body>
                </soapenv:Envelope>

One other issue i can't hard code the namespace since i might get different namespace as well for example:
                xmlns:v1="http://www.abc.com/schemas/xyz/api/query/v1.0
                xmlns:v2="http://www.abc.com/schemas/xyz/api/query/v2.0
                and the root element as v1:PaymentQueryRequest OR v2:PaymentQueryRequest

Appreciate your help.

Comment

I just had a similar problem for a demo I am setting up, and this worked fine for me...

Code:
                  <int:chain input-channel="viaWebService">
                  	<int:transformer 
                  	   expression="'&lt;FahrenheitToCelsius xmlns=''http://tempuri.org/''&gt;&lt;Fahrenheit&gt;XXX&lt;/Fahrenheit&gt;&lt;/FahrenheitToCelsius&gt;'.replace('XXX', payload.toString())" />
                  	<int-ws:header-enricher>
                  		<int-ws:soap-action value="http://tempuri.org/FahrenheitToCelsius"/>
                  	</int-ws:header-enricher>
                  	<int-ws:outbound-gateway uri="http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/tempconvert.asmx"/>
                  	<int-xml:xpath-transformer  
                  		xpath-expression="/*[local-name()='FahrenheitToCelsiusResponse']/*[local-name()='FahrenheitToCelsiusResult']"/>

Comment

The fahrenheit to celsius server returns this document
                    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><FahrenheitToCelsiusResponse xmlns="http://tempuri.org/"><FahrenheitToCelsiusResult>32.2222222222222</FahrenheitToCelsiusResult></FahrenheitToCelsiusResponse>
                    and I was able to extract the value using

<int-xml:xpath-transformer
                    xpath-expression="/*[local-name()='FahrenheitToCelsiusResponse']/*[local-name()='FahrenheitToCelsiusResult']"/>

Comment

Thanks,

Now i think its no more a namespace issue and something to do with routing and resolving the channel name, I tired below code and it didn't work, please advice.

Code:
                      <int-xml:xpath-router id="paymentQueryByVersionRouter" input-channel="paymentQueryRequestChannel" evaluate-as-string="true" ignore-send-failures="true">
                      <!-- I also tried with ignore-send-failures="false" and i get the same error as per the other thread at http://forum.springsource.org/showth...output-channel -->
                      <int-xml:xpath-expression expression="/*[local-name()='paymentQueryRequest']/@version"> </int-xml:xpath-expression>

Error -No bean named '' is defined
                      StackTrace- Caused by: org.springframework.integration.support.channel.Ch annelResolutionException: failed to look up MessageChannel bean with name ''
                      at org.springframework.integration.support.channel.Be anFactoryChannelResolver.resolveChannelName(BeanFa ctoryChannelResolver.java:75)
                      at org.springframework.integration.router.AbstractMap pingMessageRouter.resolveChannelForName(AbstractMa ppingMessageRouter.java:164)

Thanks very much,

Comment

Thanks,

if i am not mistaken i think its no more a namespace issue now and something to do with routing and resolving the

channel name, I tired below code and it didn't work, please advice.

In the below code I also tried with ignore-send-failures="false" and i get the same error, i reffered to http://forum.springsource.org/showth...output-channel.

Code:
                        <int-xml:xpath-router id="paymentQueryByVersionRouter" input-channel="paymentQueryRequestChannel"

evaluate-as-string="true" ignore-send-failures="true">

<int-xml:xpath-expression expression="/*[local-name()='paymentQueryRequest']/@version">

StackTrace- Caused by: org.springframework.integration.support.channel.Ch annelResolutionException: failed to look up

MessageChannel bean with name ''
                        at

org.springframework.integration.support.channel.Be anFactoryChannelResolver.resolveChannelName(BeanFa ctoryChannelResolver

.java:75)
                        at

org.springframework.integration.router.AbstractMap pingMessageRouter.resolveChannelForName(AbstractMa ppingMessageRouter.j

ava:164)

Thanks very much,

Comment

Thanks,

Now i think its no more a namespace issue and something to do with routing and resolving the channel name, I tired below code and it didn't work, please advice.

Code:
                          <int-xml:xpath-router id="paymentQueryByVersionRouter" input-channel="paymentQueryRequestChannel" evaluate-as-string="true" ignore-send-failures="true">
                          <!-- I also tried with ignore-send-failures="false" and i get the same error as per the other thread at http://forum.springsource.org/showth...output-channel -->
                          <int-xml:xpath-expression expression="/*[local-name()='paymentQueryRequest']/@version"> </int-xml:xpath-expression>

StackTrace- Caused by: org.springframework.integration.support.channel.Ch annelResolutionException: failed to look up MessageChannel bean with name ''
                          at org.springframework.integration.support.channel.Be anFactoryChannelResolver.resolveChannelName(BeanFa ctoryChannelResolver.java:75)
                          at org.springframework.integration.router.AbstractMap pingMessageRouter.resolveChannelForName(AbstractMa ppingMessageRouter.java:164)

Thanks very much,

Comment

Please advice as i tried below code snippet and it didn't work....

<int-xml:xpath-router input-channel="paymentQueryRequestChannel" resolution-required="false"
                            xpath-expression-ref="xPathIdentifier">

<int-xml:xpath-expression id="xPathIdentifier"
                            expression="/*[local-name()='paymentQueryRequest']/@version"> </int-xml:xpath-expression>

Thanks a lot

Comment

Please advice as i am getting below Error - no channel resolved by router and no default output channel defined
                              Stack Trace- WARN - WebContainer : 1 - org.springframework.integration.gateway.MessagingG atewaySupport doSendAndReceive - failure occurred in gateway sendAndReceive
                              org.springframework.integration.MessageDeliveryExc eption: no channel resolved by router and no default output channel defined
                              at org.springframework.integration.router.AbstractMes sageRouter.handleMessageInternal(AbstractMessageRo uter.java:148)
                              at org.springframework.integration.handler.AbstractMe ssageHandler.handleMessage(AbstractMessageHandler. java:73)
                              at org.springframework.integration.dispatcher.Unicast ingDispatcher.doDispatch(UnicastingDispatcher.java :115)
                              at org.springframework.integration.dispatcher.Unicast ingDispatcher.dispatch(UnicastingDispatcher.java:1 02)
                              at org.springframework.integration.channel.AbstractSu bscribableChannel.doSend(AbstractSubscribableChann el.java:77)

<int-xml:xpath-router input-channel="paymentQueryRequestChannel" resolution-required="false" xpath-expression-ref="xPathIdentifier">

<int-xml:xpath-expression id="xPathIdentifier"
                              expression="/*[local-name()='paymentQueryRequest']/@version"> </int-xml:xpath-expression>

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                              X