Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can I create a dynamic query for Spring Integration JDBC outbound-channel-adapter? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I create a dynamic query for Spring Integration JDBC outbound-channel-adapter?

I need to create a dynamic update statement to be be executed by a jdbc:outbound-channel-adapter, because I need to set one field using a case expression that has variable number of conditions as follows:

Code:
    UPDATE tableA
    SET    fieldA = CASE
                       WHEN fieldB IN ('a','b') THEN 1
                       WHEN fieldB IN ('c','d') THEN 2
                       WHEN fieldB IN (...) THEN N
                    END
    WHERE  fieldC = :headers[MY_FIELDC]
    I can create this dynamic update statement in a Spring expression as follows:

Code:
    "'UPDATE tableA SET fieldA = ' + headers[MY_CASE_EXP] + ' WHERE fieldC = :headers[MY_FIELDC]'"
    But the query attribute does not seem to support Spring expressions.

How can I generate a dynamic query for use by the jdbc:outbound-channel-adapter?

Hi!
    Well, I suggest to use jdbcTemplate directly:
    HTML Code:
    <outbound-channel-adapter channel="fooChannel"
    expression="@jdbcTemplate.update('UPDATE tableA SET fieldA = ' + headers['MY_CASE_EXP'] + ' WHERE fieldC = ?', headers['MY_FIELDC'])"/>
    I'm not sure, that we should add "query-expression" to the Framework: it will break a loosely-coupled principle of the Messaging.
    And in this case we fully tie messages to the JDBC.

Take care,
    Artem

Comment

Hi Artem,

Thanks for the helpful response. Using the jdbcTemplate approach, how does the dataSource get specified?

I agree about wanting to maintain loose coupling, but it does seem like there would be times when an ability to dynamically construct the Query would be useful.

Regards,
      Dave

Comment

how does the dataSource get specified?
        It's just a custrcuctor argument of the JdbcTemplate. Declare it as a bean and voila.
        an ability to dynamically construct the Query would be useful.
        IMO SpEL may produce some side effects to the SQL and vise versa.

Comment

Working...
        X