• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Queue Name for Inbound adapter

Hi,

I have the below configuration:

Code:
    	<bean id="tibcoJndiTemplate" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate">
    		<property name="environment">
    			<props>
    				<prop key="java.naming.factory.initial">com.tibco.tibjms.naming.TibjmsInitialContextFactory</prop>
    				<prop key="java.naming.provider.url">tibco server:port</prop>
    				<prop key="java.naming.security.principal">
    					uid
    					</prop>
    				<prop key="java.naming.security.credentials">
    					pwd
    					</prop>
    			</props>
    		</property>
    	</bean>

<bean id="tibcoJmsQueueConnectionFactory" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
    		<property name="jndiTemplate" ref="tibcoJndiTemplate" />
    		<property name="jndiName" value="QueueConnectionFactory">
    		</property>
    	</bean>

<bean id="tibcoAuthenticationConnectionFactory"
    		class="org.springframework.jms.connection.UserCredentialsConnectionFactoryAdapter">
    		<property name="targetConnectionFactory" ref="tibcoJmsQueueConnectionFactory" />
    		<property name="username" value="uid" />
    		<property name="password" value="pwd" />
    	</bean>

<bean id="tibcoInboundSendDestination" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
    		<property name="jndiTemplate" ref="tibcoJndiTemplate" />
    		<property name="jndiName" value="QUEUE.NAME" />
    	</bean>
        <si-jms:message-driven-channel-adapter
    		id="tibcoInboundAdapter" destination="tibcoInboundSendDestination"
    		connection-factory="tibcoAuthenticationConnectionFactory"
    		error-channel="exceptionChannel" channel="newOrderXMLInput"
    		concurrent-consumers="5" />
    In this I want to change the "QUEUE.NAME" to "QUEUE.OUTBOUND.NAME" during runtime so that the adapter listens to the new queue name instead of the old.

How to achieve this?

That's a pretty unusual requirement. You can't dynamically change the queue without stopping the adapter first, and you'd have to use a custom DestinationResolver to change the destination on the fly because the destination is wired into the listener container; you could define an external container by reference, which would allow you to change the queue without needing a custom DestinationResolver.

You might find it easier to simply add 2 channel adapters, each one listening on a different queue (and both sending to newOrderXMLInput). Set auto-startup to false on one or both of them and start/stop them either by calling the Lifecycle methods directly, or sending messages to a <control-bus/> ("@tibcoInboundAdapter.start()").

Comment

Try to investigate JndiDestinationResolver with destination JNDI name within external JmsListeningContainer bean

HTH,
      Artem

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your insights in this. But the problem is I dont know how many queues I have to listen. So i'm trying to do something like this:

Code:
        <bean id="tibcoInboundAdapter" scope="prototype" class="org.springframework.integration.jms.JmsMessageDrivenEndpoint">
        		<constructor-arg name="listener" ref="listener"/>
        		<constructor-arg name="listenerContainer" ref="listenerContainer"/>
        	</bean>
        	<bean id="listener" scope="prototype" class="org.springframework.integration.jms.ChannelPublishingJmsMessageListener">
        		<property name="errorChannel" ref="exceptionChannel"/>
        		<property name="requestChannel" ref="newOrderXMLInput"/>
        	</bean>
        	<bean id="listenerContainer" scope="prototype" class="org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractMessageListenerContainer">
        		<property name="connectionFactory" ref="tibcoAuthenticationConnectionFactory"/>
        		<property name="destination" ref="tibcoInboundSendDestination"/>
        	</bean>

<bean id="tibcoInboundSendDestination" scope="prototype class="my.custom.JNDI.object.factory.bean">
        		<constructor-arg name="jndiTemplate" ref="tibcoJndiTemplate" />
        		<constructor-arg name="jndiName" value="Queue.Name" />
        	</bean>
        the tibcoInboundSendDestination will have a configuration inside which will read from a property file during runtime. I believe all the configurations are in order but when I start the application, the application is not listening to the JMS queue like an adapter.

What am I doing wrong here?
        Please help I'm struck with this for 3 days now.

Comment

Hi!

1. There is no reason to configure all as regular beans. You can simply reference to listenerContainer from <si-jms:message-driven-channel-adapter>
          2. listenerContainer should be concrate instance, not Abstract.
          3. This is what I suggest:
          HTML Code:
          <jms:message-driven-channel-adapter channel="fooChannel" container="listenerContainer"/>

<bean id="listenerContainer" class="org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer">
          	<property name="destinationResolver">
          		<bean class="org.springframework.jms.support.destination.JndiDestinationResolver">
          			<property name="cache" value="false"/>
          			<property name="jndiEnvironment" ref="jndiEnvironment"/>
          		</bean>
          	</property>
          	<property name="destinationName" value="FOO"/>
          </bean>
          So, you always can change "destinationName" property value at runtime. But here you should how to play with other properties of DefaultMessageListenerContainer, to allow AsyncMessageListenerInvoker reconfiguration for new destination...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleric View Post
            Hi!
            HTML Code:
            <jms:message-driven-channel-adapter channel="fooChannel" container="listenerContainer"/>

<bean id="listenerContainer" class="org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer">
            		<bean class="org.springframework.jms.support.destination.JndiDestinationResolver">
            			<property name="jndiEnvironment" ref="jndiEnvironment"/>
            		</bean>
            	</property>
            	<property name="destinationName" value="FOO"/>
            </bean>
            So here the destinationName is the jndiName(Queue Name)?

Comment

So here the destinationName is the jndiName(Queue Name)?
              Yes.

But you should read more source code of mentioned classes, because your use-case isn't tipical.
              Maybe it will be necessary to play with DirectFieldAccessor on DefaultMessageListenerContainer...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleric View Post
                Yes.

But you should read more source code of mentioned classes, because your use-case isn't tipical.
                Maybe it will be necessary to play with DirectFieldAccessor on DefaultMessageListenerContainer...
                Thanks. Now I was able to dynamically change the destinationName but the adapter is still listening to the old queue name.
                This is the configuration I'm using.
                Code:
                <si-jms:message-driven-channel-adapter
                		id="tibcoInboundAdapter" container="listenerContainer"
                		error-channel="exceptionChannel" channel="newOrderXMLInput"/>
                			<property name="jndiTemplate" ref="tibcoJndiTemplate"/>
                		</bean>
                		</property>
                		<property name="connectionFactory" ref="tibcoAuthenticationConnectionFactory"/>
                		<property name="destinationName" value="INITIAL>QUEUE"/>
                	</bean>

<JAVA>
                DefaultMessageListenerContainer listenerContainer = (DefaultMessageListenerContainer)SpringApplicationContext.getBean("listenerContainer");
                listenerContainer.setDestinationName("NEW.QUEUE");
                </JAVA>

Comment

Working...
                X