Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debugging file:inbound-channel-adapter

Hi there,

I am using a file inbound-channel-adapter to read a directory full of XML files, and the component is currently being stressed in two ways:
    1. It is trying to poll a directory on a slow remote NT machine
    2. The directory has 328,083 files in

I am aware that either or both of these conditions may explain the behaviour I am seeing, which is that the software simply does nothing once I start it up. I've tried restarting, and running from a different machine pointing to the same directory, but the same thing happens in both cases.

I've set my logging level to 'ALL,' and when I point the application at an empty directory on my local machine, I see the following:
    Code:
    15:59:49.150 DEBUG [task-scheduler-1][org.springframework.integration.endpoint.SourcePollingChannelAdapter] Poll resulted in Message: null
    15:59:49.150 DEBUG [task-scheduler-1][org.springframework.integration.endpoint.SourcePollingChannelAdapter] Received no Message during the poll, returning 'false'
    However, when I point it at the remote directory, I don't even see these DEBUG messages.

My configuration is as follows:
    Code:
    <int-file:inbound-channel-adapter id="filesIn" directory="${REMOTE_SHARE}" filename-pattern="*.xml">
        <int:poller id="poller" receive-timeout="5000" fixed-rate="10000" max-messages-per-poll="100"/>
    </int-file:inbound-channel-adapter>
    The application has worked in the past with the same remote directory (just with fewer files), so I'm thinking either
    (a) The file component doesn't write any debug when it times out
    (b) I'm missing some setting which would show up what the problem is

Anyone got any ideas for further investigation? According to Maven I'm using Spring Integration 2.1.5.RELEASE, and Spring 3.1.2.RELEASE

Best wishes,

Ben
Working...
X