Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
STS 3.2 wont let me create a sprint integration project from template ... stuck in lo Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 3.2 wont let me create a sprint integration project from template ... stuck in lo

something weird - was just trying the mule studio and want ed to see what the STS integration tooling was like

i've downloaded a clean build of sts3.2 and when i try and create a spring template project, it throws the dialogue.

I name y project and fill in the group id as org.springintegration and the actefact id - to be the same as my project

and then fill in the rest

when you hit go - it creates an empty project folder, but then gets stuck - says the project already exists do you want to overwrite (yes or cancel )

It makes no diffference here which you do as neither gets it to work - it gets stuck. I have to just get out and delete the project from the workspace -

I cant create a project at all - is everyone having this problem ? is there a workaround.

Bit of a killer for newbies sadly if you cant get the template to complete

Advice required

Hmmm - which template are you using? What operating system?

I just created projects with each of the four templates without any problems (on Ubuntu).

Comment

running windows 7 64 bit ...

Originally posted by Gary Russell View Post
      Hmmm - which template are you using? What operating system?

I just created projects with each of the four templates without any problems (on Ubuntu).
      i also just found this link also which sounds like the same problem

http://forum.springsource.org/showth...te-a-simple-si

i had tried earlier today with a 3.1 sts that id just upgraded to 3.2 - and it failed - which prompted me to get an empty install and try it on that

Comment

ps if its having a problem - where is it writing the error log ? - and i'll try and post that over

Comment

found this in errors view ...

Exception during template project creation

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
          at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.wizard.template.in frastructure.processor.TemplateProjectCreator$1.ex ecute(TemplateProjectCreator.java:97)
          at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1. run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run( Workspace.java:2344)
          at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.ru n(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)
          at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.wizard.template.in frastructure.processor.TemplateProjectCreator.crea teProject(TemplateProjectCreator.java:130)
          at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.wizard.template.in frastructure.processor.DirectoryProcessor.process( DirectoryProcessor.java:56)
          at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.wizard.template.in frastructure.processor.Processor.process(Processor .java:44)
          at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.wizard.template.Te mplateWizard$1.run(TemplateWizard.java:114)
          at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalCont extThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

session data
          eclipse.buildId=3.2.0.201303060821-RELEASE-e42
          java.version=1.7.0_09
          java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
          BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
          Framework arguments: -product org.springsource.sts.ide
          Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.springsource.sts.ide

Comment

PS - i'm running 32 bit for sts and the java 7 - - but the os is windows 64 bit

Comment

There might be more information in <workspace>/.metadata/.log

Comment

I don't know if it's related, but I just took a look at the commit log for that file, and there was a fix committed a couple of days ago for paths with a space in the PATH...

https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...07e438509d82cd

If you have a space in your path, can you try with a workspace in a folder with no spaces (in it or any parent folder)?

Comment

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-3263

Comment

yup thats it

yup thats the problem - i created a brand new workspace up near the top (i have access rights on my works laptop with a bit of effort) and presto - it works fine - so its the space that messes it

thanks - i look forwaqrd to 3.3 and i can put my workspace back where in belongs in my onw tree

thanks for spotting that -

good to know soeone is on the case

Will

Comment

mavin problems next

Originally posted by will.woodman View Post
                      yup thats the problem - i created a brand new workspace up near the top (i have access rights on my works laptop with a bit of effort) and presto - it works fine - so its the space that messes it

thanks - i look forwaqrd to 3.3 and i can put my workspace back where in belongs in my onw tree

thanks for spotting that -

good to know soeone is on the case

Will

Still wasnt out of problems - the project didnt compile - had issues with maven along the lines of

Failure to transfer org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-pluginom:2.3.2 from http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository

i had more errors but i did an update project and that seemed to clear most but not this last one

fix - found similar on google

had to
                      1. quit eclipse
                      2. go to the .m2 dir and delete the repository
                      3. restatr eclipse and clean project.
                      4. update maven dependencies - this rebuilds the repository
                      all seems to compile now

however the prject reverts to java 6 libraries somewhere - and i only have java 7 -

got to figure out where it does the reset - i'd se tthe build path to java 7 libraries and in that clean/refresh it reset into to java 6 very weird

nearly there now though

Comment

I think you need to change the java version (source and target) properties in the 'maven-compiler-plugin' in the pom.

It's currently set at 1.6 and when I do a Maven | Update Project, it switches the build path back to Java 6; changing them to 1.7 fixes it for me.
                        Last edited by Gary Russell; Mar 24th, 2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X