Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Integraton - Cache support (preferred Oracle)

Hi We are building the Services using Spring Integration , and we found everything great. But we just had a clash in adding Cache support to our service layer. We have multiple options 1) Websphere DynaCache 2) Oracle (using as cache).

But I did not find anything more relative on Spring integration side to Caching. Could any one suggest what is the best way to use Cache mechanism when I am using spring integration. We are building our services on IBM Websphere WAS 7.0, we would like to use DynaCache and Oracle (secondary) as our cache resources.

I have looked at the Message Reaper (org.springframework.integration.store.MessageGrou pStoreReaper and org.springframework.integration.store.SimpleMessag eStore) which has Oracle support too <int-jdbc:message-store id="messageStore" data-source="dataSource"/>. I just want understand correct way to do it.

Could you please suggest whether I can use this Message Reaper for caching purpose, or is there any other effective way to deal in my case (with DynaCache & Oracle). I did not find configuration for DynaCache from spring integration but I saw there is something available for extreme scale.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
    Ashok Gudise

Exactly what do you want to cache?

Comment

Hi Glad to see your question, We are writing some SI (Service Integration) services which will return some members (with their family list and their medical history like coverages). So basically We would like to cache some part of this information, in this case we would like to cache the members list (family members list) only and we will retrieve only medical history every time.
      I would say this is a simple object , but my other colleague is building another service and his object size is big.

We have some services where we are maintaining with multiple versions, so we have to come up with a solution which can allow caching based on "servicename+operation+user+filters"( assume this as key. ). We would like to use Websphere Dynacache & Oracle.

We would like to cache this member data, either as POJO object or JSON or XML.

Kindly Suggest,

Regards
      Ashok Gudise

Comment

Probably the best place to start is the Core Spring Framework Cache Abstraction available in 3.1.

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...he-abstraction

You would then simply apply this to your POJO services that are invoked by a <service-activator/>.

The documentation explains how to plug in back-end caches.

Comment

Thank you , let me try this and see how it fits.

Thank you very much Gary

Regards
          Ashok Gudise

Comment

We planned a chapter on security in the book, but as you can see it would be tricky to fill it with much information specific to Spring Integration. Because Spring Integration works with Spring Security and Spring WS, the interesting parts happen in there.

ascothoteldubai.net
            Last edited by Hodge25; Dec 25th, 2013, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Artem Bilan
              Artem Bilan commented
              Editing a comment
              Hodge25,

Move your answer, please, to right post.

Thanks
          Working...
          X