Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire tap use for logging

Hi,

I have a key as CLIENT_ID in the header of message.

I want to use a wire tap for logging in such a way that the log file name is same as of the CLIENT_ID. This will allow me to have separate log file for all different CLIENTs.

Please can you suggest how can I achieve this requirement? Can I use looging-channel-adapter provided implicitly by Spring integration? If yes, how can i define the name of log file? If not, please guide me.

Many Thanks,
    Jubin

No; the logging-channel adapter uses the underlying logging system (such as log4j). You would need a custom service for this (and invoke it with a <service-activator/>.

Comment

Can you please guide me though this?

I am using log4j only. All requirements are same as used by logging-channel adaptor except that I need dynamically provide log file name.

If i define a custom service for this, can you please provide me class file used by logging-channel-adapter as it will help me in writing the service? Please guide me.

Many Thanks,
      Jubin

Comment

No; you can't use logging; the channel adapter code won't help you, it uses the underlying logging subsystem to actually write the data.

Your custom service would have to do the low-level IO to the file.

Comment

Ohh. Anyways thanks for giving me direction. I will work to achieve this.

Many Thanks,
          Jubin

Comment

Working...
          X