Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two way communication (TCP, no_nio)

Hello experts,
    I'm newbie using SI-IP, so here a scenario when I need you advice.

i. Server waits for the connection;
    ii. Client connects to the server;
    iii. Client sends specific message (request);
    iv. Server checks the message, and if a message is the right one, sends in return, a file contaxt as a stream;
    v. Client gets the file context & sends to the server 'OKEY' msg.

It's first issue I'm looking forward :-).

Another one, is about reconnecting or watch-dogging, i.e. a client side. How can I set up some property (may be) or write some code to be able to control/cope a reconnection.

Thank you in advance,

See the tcp-client-server sample

On the client side it uses a tcp-outbound-gateway (which is a request/reply endpoint).

Depending on the format of the message, you may need to supply a custom (de)serializer; a few standard serializers are provided. (De)Serializers are explained here...

For connection reconnecting after a failure, you can add a Retry Advice to the gateway ( and the connection will be re-established after a send fails.

Hi Gary!
      Thanks for the answer.

Will check it out.

What is a best approach for:
        1. I have to be aware of client connection/disconnection(s); the same on server side;
        2. If something wrong happens is there some way to reconnect?
        3. How to get SI IP events? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance,

There is a new 3.0 feature where Application Events are emitted for connections...

3.0 is not released yet (and won't be for quite some time), but the feature is available in the 3.0.0.M1 milestone release...

There is no explicit way to reconnect; the connection will be re-established on the next send.

Looks awesome !!!