Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Best pattern to send message from a generic producer to a session bean consumer Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best pattern to send message from a generic producer to a session bean consumer

Hello,

I have a webapp where users can launch the same task more than once (on different data) and asynchronously. The status of the task execution (progress, message..) should be displayed on the UI.

I wonder how to manage the communication between a generic task and a session bean. The communication should be robust, loosely coupled and not break the process even if the user session timeout. So in my opinion I could not use a simple callback (callback which do not use EIP).

I have though of a subscrible channel. The task produces messages and the session bean consumes their. But many users can launch the same task on different data. The tasks messages must be routed to the correct consumers/session bean. The only way may be to add a processId to the message so the consumer (which knows too the processId) may post filter messages. I do not like this solution because it is too intrusive.

Is there more elegant solution to my problem ?

Thanks for your help!

Nicolas
Working...
X