Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MongoDB and message headers

Hi,

the MongoDB outbound channel adapter only persists the message payload. But no headers. Is this intended design, or a limitation of the current state of implementation?

We try to use MongoDB as a queue to exchange data between different processes in the system. From my understanding, using channel adapters (outbound on producing, inbound on consuming side) is the right approach. But this seems not useable without support for headers. Is the mongodb implementation currently not meant/suitable for inter-app messaging?

The mongodb message store, in contrast, does store headers. Would it work to use an identically named channel with the same message store configuration in both applications? Or is the message store backing of a channel only usable within one application?

FWIW: our main reason to use mongodb for this purpose is simplicity: we are in early development stage, and want to keep dependencies on external processes as limited as possible, and we already use mongodb as application datastore.

Thanks for any hints
    Rainer

Sorry - after seeing this duplicate post, I noticed that your other thread needed moderation for some reason (the forum software must not have liked some of the words). Mark and I replied and those replies went into moderation too. I just approved those posts - sorry for the inconvenience.

Please continue the discussion over there if you have more questions...

http://forum.springsource.org/showth...essage-headers

Comment

Working...
    X