Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
No reply produced by handler 'null', and its 'requiresReply' property is set to true. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No reply produced by handler 'null', and its 'requiresReply' property is set to true.

Hello I am running my load tests and after a few hours of work I am getting the exception in the subject.

I am using version 2.1.3 and my integration pipeline looks like:

DatabaseInputAdapter1 -> queueChannel1 -> TransformerWithPoller -> directChannel1 -> ServiceActivator1 ->directChannel2->ServiceActivator2(this one is void, no output channel)

I have an errorChannel configured on the poller element in my TransformerWithPoller.
    And I have ErrorTransformer that polls messages from errorChannel and returns them back to queueChannel1.

For many hours it works well, but then the exception is thrown in TransformerWithPoller (the code there just loads the entity from the database from passed id as a payload and returns entity. Really nothing much...

Exception thrown is "No reply produced by handler 'null', and its 'requiresReply' property is set to true.".

Why is that?

Then ErrorTransformer grabs this message from errorChannel and retries. But that then goes forever, after each retry it fails with the same exception.

Then that leads to even bigger problem, since my errorChannel queue size is rising, without any chance to be emptied, since every attempt results in "No reply produced by handler 'null', and its 'requiresReply' property is set to true."

Hope somebody will have a clue.
    Thanks in advance,
    Milan

Hi!

1. Add, please to your endpoint "id" attribute: it allows to see the 'id' of problematic one instead of 'null' in the Exception.
    2. " "No reply produced by handler" means that some of your endpoint just return NULL.

Can you take a look and figure out who has that "unexpected" ability?

Take care,
    Artem

Comment

Working...
    X