Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How can I change the twitter query for a search-inbound-channel-adapter? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I change the twitter query for a search-inbound-channel-adapter?

Hi, I'm very new to Spring Integration... I'm using STS, and I created a Spring Template Project, the Spring Integration Project (War) twitter example. It contains the following in spring-integration-context.xml

Code:
        <int-twitter:search-inbound-channel-adapter
    		id="twitter" query="#springintegration"
    		channel="twitterChannel" auto-startup="false">
    		<int:poller fixed-rate="5000" max-messages-per-poll="10" />
    	</int-twitter:search-inbound-channel-adapter>
    How can I programatically change the twitter query on the fly for this channel adapter ?

(I'm using the standard DefaultTwitterService that is generated)

Thanks for your time,
    Erich

The twitter adapter does not currently (via configuration) support a variable search query.

Seems like a reasonable improvement to use a SpEL expression - please open a JIRA ticket...

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT

You can do it programmatically, though; get a reference to the SourcePollingChannelAdapter bean named 'twitter' in your example; and use reflection to get the SearchReceivingMessageSource (in the source field). You can then call setQuery() and the new query will be used on the next poll.

Spring provides a DirectFieldAccessor to conveniently get a reference to the source field.

Comment

Hi,

Just FYI - We have an open issue regarding providing Twitter Outbound Gateways, which would allow you to trigger Twitter operations using command messages.

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT-1939

However, it would not cover SpEL expression support, which in your case might be the more desired approach.

Without using reflection, you also have have option to pass a new 'SearchReceivingMessageSource' into the 'PollingChannelAdapter':

Code:
      @Autowired
      @Qualifier("twitterSearch")
      private SourcePollingChannelAdapter sourcePollingChannelAdapter;
      SearchReceivingMessageSource source = new SearchReceivingMessageSource(twitterTemplate);
      source.afterPropertiesSet();
      source.setQuery("#springintegration");
      sourcePollingChannelAdapter.setSource(source);
      Cheers,

Gunnar

Comment

Thanks Gary and Gunnar, your responses were very helpful.

I was able to achieve what I was looking to do through both of your suggestions.

I have logged INT-2789 for the addition of SpEL config for the twitter adapter query.

Thanks,
        Erich

Comment

Working...
        X