Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Batch Integration and FileToJobLaunchRequestAdapter

Hi guys,

I'm trying to start a job from a file read and I running into some issues.

First of all, even tho I added the Spring Batch Integration jar to the pom file, my xml can't find the FileToJobLaunchRequestAdapter class when I try to run it:

Code:
    Cannot find class [org.springframework.batch.admin.integration.FileToJobLaunchRequestAdapter]
    My job config looks like below.

Which seems pretty bloated to me. Are all these steps necessary?

Code:
    <int:channel id="fileNameForJob" />

<int:service-activator id="jobStarter" input-channel="fileNameForJob" output-channel="jobLaunchRequestGen">
    	<bean class="org.springframework.batch.admin.integration.FileToJobLaunchRequestAdapter">
    		<property name="job" ref="companyLoadJob" />
    	</bean>
    </int:service-activator>

<int:channel id="jobLaunchRequestGen" />

<int:service-activator input-channel="jobLaunchRequestGen">
    	<bean class="org.springframework.batch.integration.launch.JobLaunchingMessageHandler">
    	     <constructor-arg ref="jobLauncher" />
    	</bean>
    </int:service-activator>

<bean id="jobLauncher"
    	    class="org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.SimpleJobLauncher">
    	  <property name="jobRepository" ref="jobRepository" />
    </bean>

<batch:job id="companyLoadJob" job-repository="jobRepository" >
    	<batch:step id="companyLoad" >
    		<batch:tasklet>
    			<batch:chunk reader="companyFileItemReader" writer="companyWriter" commit-interval="5" />
    		</batch:tasklet>
    	</batch:step>
    </batch:job>
    Finally, the reader defined above (it's a org.springframework.batch.item.file.FlatFileItemRe ader) I got from the batch samples and takes a property called resource which at the moment is hardcoded. How can I make this the dynamically passed filename?

Code:
    <property name="resource" value="C:\blahblah\company.txt" />
    Thanks for any help,
    Cheers,
    Tony

The class you need is in the spring-batch-admin-manager jar...

For the property use a step scoped reader and use the property input.file (which is set by the FileToJobLaunchRequestAdapter) as the resource.

SOmething like this.
    Code:
    <property name="resource" value="${input.file}" />
    For the configuration you need to configure Spring Batch and your job so you indeed need soem configuration. (Although I would seperate the job and batch-infrastructure into seperate files). I would also mo FileToJobLaunchRequestAdapter and JobLaunchingMessageHandler into a chain saves you some xml and channel definition(s).

Comment

Hi Marten,

Thanks for the quick reply! And for pointing out the correct jar. Good tip re the Chain implementation too, it doesn't save a whole lot of space but it does look more structured at least. Yeah I have the batch job running now, when I got passed the file config there was also a lot of DB config that I didn't realise I had to do but this page helped me:

http://static.springsource.org/sprin.../html/apb.html

Thanks again for your help,
      Tony

Comment

Hi again, at the moment I am using a FlatFileItemReader as the reader but when I add

Code:
        <property name="resource" value="${input.file}" />
        I get the following exception:

Code:
        Input resource must exist (reader is in 'strict' mode): class path resource [${input.file}]
        Since I don't have access to add

Code:
        @Scope("step")
        Should I just implement my own custom reader? Or is there a way for the FlatFileItemReader to access the job parameters?

Cheers,
        Tony
        Last edited by AnthonyRyan; Oct 18th, 2012, 05:30 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Comment

Why would you need to at a @Scope? Simply add scope="step" in your xml configuration for the step...

Comment

Hmmm... I added scope="step" to the reader and recieved the following error:

Code:
            org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'scopedTarget.companyFileItemReader' defined in file [C:TestTestTest\target\classes\META-INF\spring\integration\spring-integration-context.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanExpressionException: Expression parsing failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.NotReadablePropertyException: Invalid property 'input' of bean class [org.springframework.batch.core.scope.context.StepContext]: Bean property 'input' is not readable or has an invalid getter method: Does the return type of the getter match the parameter type of the setter?
            	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:526)
            	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:455)
            	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$2.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:331)
            My reader definition now looks like:

Code:
            <bean id="companyFileItemReader" scope="step" class="org.springframework.batch.item.file.FlatFileItemReader">
            	<property name="resource" value="#{jobParameters[input.file.name]}" />
            I also tried the suggest with the dollar sign above, ${input.file} but recieved the same "Input resource must exist" error as before.

Does the job parameter (input.file.name) have to be explicitly set?

Comment

Does the job parameter (input.file.name) have to be explicitly set?
              That is what the FileToJobLaunchRequestAdapter does... And it should be the one you used with the #{} however it must be input.file not input.file.name (looking at the source and docs for FileToJobLaunchRequestAdapter that is).

Also your reader definition doesn't contain scope="step" so not sure where you put it but at least not in the right p lace.

Code:
              <bean id="companyFileItemReader" scope="step" class="org.springframework.batch.item.file.FlatFileItemReader" scope="step">
              	<property name="resource" value="#{jobParameters[input.file]}" />

Comment

Ah, you're right, input.file fixed it, not input.file.name.

Cheers for your time and help, dude.
                Tony

Comment

Working...
                X