Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
reuse of spring integration configuration in testing best practice Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reuse of spring integration configuration in testing best practice

Hoping someone can help here...

I have a large spring integration configuration that looks very nice using the spring integration graph. However, because we wanted to reuse the configuration for testing (without copying pieces of it), I split it up into individual files. I then used bridges and imports to connect them all together. However, by doing so, the integration-graph becomes nearly useless! It is then just a series of channels and bridges...to no where!

Is there a better way to handle this so that I can still have a graphical representation of the overall app that makes sense? Am I using bridges correctly connecting the channels from the individual files? I was hoping I could use a chain and put in the imports in there but it doesn't look like that will work. Below is an example config. What's the best practice for having a clean flow that can be viewed in the integration graph and still be able to reuse parts of the configuration for testing?

Here is an example:

Code:
    <!-- some service output sends a message to "FooOutChannel" -->
    <int:bridge input-channel="FooOutChannel" output-channel="BarChannelIn"/>

<!-- bar service has an input channel of "BarChannelIn" -->
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/spring/integration/bar-service.xml" />

<int:bridge input-channel="BarOutChannel" output-channel="AnotherChannelIn"/>
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/spring/integration/another-service.xml" />

Thanks in advance,
    Shane

Unfortunately, currently, the graph only handles a single file.

There is an open JIRA issue...

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-1618

Comment

Working...
    X