X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jms outbound gateway and aggregator

Hi, I'm getting failing to receive jms message within timeout exception with the following configs, I just want to see if i get the message back or not, can anyone tell me what i did wrong? I copied the aggregator stuff from Oleg's 2011 spring conference. thanks

<si-jms:outbound-gateway id="mygateway" request-channel="splitchannel" request-destination="outboundQueue"
    reply-channel="myReplyChannel" reply-destination-name="QUEUEUNAME"
    connection-factory="queueConnectionFactory"/>

<si:aggregator input-channel="myReplyChannel" output-channel="loggingChannel"
    release-strategy-expression="size() == 1"
    send-partial-result-on-expiry="true" message-store="messageStore"
    expire-groups-upon-completion="false"/>

<si:logging-channel-adapter id="loggingChannel" log-full-message="true"/>

<bean id="messageStore" class="org.springframework.integration.store.Simpl eMessageStore"/>

Any luck with this?

Comment

no luck, I have a service activator with a bean ref using the outputchannel of the outbound gateway, the reply is not going to that method at all. any help is appreciated

thanks

Comment

I'd suggest to look at the JMS sample https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...ster/basic/jms first

Looking at your configuration it does not seem to be complete. You have JMS Outbound Gateway which implies that it will send a Message to JMS and receive a reply from JMS. Do you have something in the other side that produces a reply?

Comment

Hi, the external queue is a mainframe queue that sends response back as a reply, but my service activator is not picking them up in the replyqueue

Comment

I don't see how Queue can send a reply back. Do you mean there is some listener on the mainframe that listens to the 'QUEUEUNAME' and sends a reply back to the replyQueue?

It seems to me that the reply is not coming.

I'd suggest to simplify configuration to first simply validate that reply is coming by configuring a logger to the 'myReplyChannel'
            Code:
            <si-jms:outbound-gateway id="mygateway" request-channel="splitchannel" request-destination="outboundQueue"
            reply-channel="myReplyChannel" reply-destination-name="QUEUEUNAME"
            connection-factory="queueConnectionFactory"/>

<si:logging-channel-adapter channel="myReplyChannel" level="WARN"/>
            Also, could it be that the mainframe is too slow with response? Try setting 'receive-timeout' attribute to some significant value. The default is 1 sec. so set it to 10 (e.g., receive-timeout="10000")

Comment

i tried the logging and nothing printed out, yes there is a listener listening to the mainframe and in turn sends a reply back.

thanks

Comment

You have to look where its sending the reply to. I don't know how your listener is implemented and if it sends a reply to the replyQueue identified by the property of the incoming message or somewhere else, so I suggest to look at the mainframe code/logs and see where reply is sent.

Comment

Hi, I found the following post as I'm using websphere mq as well. I'm wondering how would the outbound gateway pick up message if the correlationid of the response wasn't set as the messageid of the request. thanks

http://forum.springsource.org/showth...ay-with-IBM-MQ

Comment

since outboundgateway is a 1 one 1(request-reply) use case, i've decided to use the outbound channel adaptor and message driven channel adaptor, but when i send a request out, i get no reply at all and no errors either, anyone please help?

Comment

Working...
                    X