Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
ESB Demo Code and Design doc for NextBus Transit Service - using Spring Integration Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESB Demo Code and Design doc for NextBus Transit Service - using Spring Integration

I thought I'd share this here.. Some time back, I built a Java adapter against the XML Web Service for NextBus.
    The natural follow on activity was to build an ESB against this live data feed. I used Spring Integration and ActiveMQ to very quickly build a pumping adapter and configurable consumer.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nex.../nextbus-docs/

The design document covers the requirements analysis and how I was able to cleanly address specialized requirements with very small amounts of custom code. 95% of the project was done with zero custom coding by using existing Spring Integration components and configuring a message flow XML. The code also demonstrates the use of Maven Shade plugin to build a packaged Executable JAR will all nested dependencies baked in (Spring, ActiveMQ client, JDBC driver, etc). The Executable JAR + External Properties Config File approach is immensely easier to work with - it's surprising to see so few people exploiting this approach for packaging.

Any feedback is welcome, particularly design approaches I may have missed that would lead to NO custom Java code!

-- Jim Doyle (Medford, MA)
Working...
X