Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring integration poller with Quartz scheduled triggers?

Hi

I would like to use quartz triggers with a spring integration poller to call an inbound adapter. The trigger will fire at a fixed rate.

Your probably asking why not ask use the spring trigger tags? Well the answer is related to the problem described in this thread Int poller and Win 2003 server problems.

We've found that the Quartz timers are much more reliable than the spring ones so are migrating the pollers to use Quartz. I found this stack overflow thread Spring integration cron quartz in cluster which gave a solution to use Quartz with a poller which does work.

However it seems rather inefficient in that it needs to stop and start the endpoint each time the trigger is fired. One side effect of this is the inbound adapter logs an INFO message each time it is started and stopped so you soon end up with very large log files full of start and stop messages!

So wondering if there is a better, more efficient, way to integrate quartz with a Spring Integration poller?

Kind regards
    David

You could open a New Feature suggestion for first class support of Quartz triggers here https://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT.

That said, stop()/start() of a polled adapter is very lightweight; you can suppress the INFO log by setting the log level of the offending category (class) to WARN or higher.

Comment

I've opened INT-2731

The log level solution does work, however this code is part of a library. So we need to remember to do this to all of the applications using this library. But I don't see any other way round this.

Comment

Working...
      X