Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
When do you choose a Conversion Service instead of a Transformer Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you choose a Conversion Service instead of a Transformer

When is it better to use a Conversion Service rather than a Transformer? Would it be an abuse of the Conversion Service to use them like Transformers and just forget Transformers all together?

I ask because I have a service that expects a result, and for a normal flow or a soap fault I have transformers to transform the response into the desired type.
    For other exceptions I'm considering options on how to handle this, and I noticed the this line for the log:
    Code:
    2012-08-22 10:02:04,782 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.integration.gateway.GatewayProxyFactoryBean - Unable to attempt conversion of Message payload types. Component 'cardActivationService' has no explicit ConversionService reference, and there is no 'integrationConversionService' bean within the context.
    This has me thinking that I could use a Conversion Service to take MessageHandlingExceptions and return the desired type.

-----
    05-NOV-2012
    After working with this more I can see that two have nothing to do with each other, and that you can't have a CoversionService do the job of a transformer. Now my question is, when should I use a ConversionService?
    Last edited by kxen; Nov 5th, 2012, 10:11 AM. Reason: I saw the light.
Working...
X