X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling

I would like to know how to set the cron expression with respect to GMT time.

For eg. I have @Scheduled(cron = '0 0 0 * * *').should I add the time difference to the cron expression

Thanks

That will use the default TimeZone (internally it calls TimeZone.getDefault()). Is that not GMT in your case?

Comment

Well, if you are interested in the adjustment to current/default timezone then you don't need to do anything since CronTrigger will always use a Default TimeZone if one is not provided.
      However if not you'd need to specify it.

We probably need to expose TimeZone attribute somehow, but for now all you need to do is specify a reference to CronTrigger instance. For example:
      Code:
      <bean id="cronTrigger" class="org.springframework.scheduling.suppor.CronTrigger">
          <constructor-arg value="your cron expression"/>
          <constructor-arg ref="ref to a TimeZone bean">
      </bean>

Comment

Well, if you are interested in the adjustment to current/default timezone then you don't need to do anything since CronTrigger will always use a Default TimeZone if one is not provided.
        However if not you'd need to specify it.

We probably need to expose TimeZone attribute somehow, but for now all you need to do is specify a reference to CronTrigger instance. For example:
        Code:
        <bean id="cronTrigger" class="org.springframework.scheduling.suppor.CronTrigger">
            <constructor-arg value="your cron expression"/>
            <constructor-arg ref="ref to a TimeZone bean">
        </bean>

Comment

Yes Mark, its not GMT in my case, it is PST.

Should a timezone bean class needs to be defined and how can cron trigger be specified in the scheduled annotation.

Thanks

Comment

Is it possible to give a timezone attribute in the scheduled annotation.

Thanks

Comment

Please clarify how to give the reference to the cronTrigger in the scheduled annotation

Please help.

Thanks

Comment

Please tell me how to start the task at 12.00 am GMT time everyday,that can be specified in the cron expression in the scheduled annotation .

Thanks a lot to help me with this.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie_24 View Post
                  Please tell me how to start the task at 12.00 am GMT time everyday,that can be specified in the cron expression in the scheduled annotation .

Thanks a lot to help me with this.
                  Following cron expression will let you run at 12:00AM:-

<property name="cronExpression" value="0 0 12 * * ?" />

Comment

Working...
                  X