Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Integration - What parts can I use if we don't have JMS or ActiveMQ Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Integration - What parts can I use if we don't have JMS or ActiveMQ

We're considering using Spring Integration to help implement our processing pipelines, rather than implementing this kind of processing in completely custom code.

However, we may not want to JMS or ActiveMQ, as most of our external interfaces are either file based, or webmethods, and we also may want to keep the Application as lightweight as possible without the requirements of JMS.

So it seems Spring Integration may help us for things like inbound and outbound file channels, and processing for some Event based items that may require different processing paths and some re-try/re-pole logic that are required after n days.

But if we don't have JMS or ActiveMQ will Spring Integration still work ? I'm unclear what are the minimum platform requirements, i.e. where it will persist messages that are still being processed in a pipeline. Maybe in some simple examples this is just to memory ? but we need message persistence that survives a server re-start, so does JMS or ActiveMQ have to be used ? or are there other options to persist in-progress messages to - database or filesystem ?

Any advice much appreciated.
    Do any other options work if clustered.

Hello

Start with this one, please:
    http://static.springsource.org/sprin...#message-store

Good luck,
    Artem Bilan

Comment

Working...
    X