Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "send-timeout" attribute in <int:resequencer>

Hi,

As described in Docs 2.1.1.RELEASE/2.2.0.M1, there are a "send-timeout" attribute in <int:resequencer> which used to config the timeout for sending out messages.

but I encountered the org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
    cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'send-timeout' is not allowed to appear in element 'int:resequencer'.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandl erWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrap per.java:195)

I also check the xsd files in http://www.springframework.org/schem...ration-2.1.xsd, it seems there are no attribute named "send-timeout".

It's a release issue?
    Last edited by guoxu1231; May 22nd, 2012, 07:53 AM.

Hello

Let me guess: you place <resequencer> inside a <chain>.
    Maybe it is a simple bug, when root element has one set of attributes, but within <chain> it has another. This is addressed to XSD.
    So, open, please, an issue in ther JIRA: https://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT and we will think about that.

Thanks,
    Artem Bilan

Comment

Sure , it is inside <chain>.

Any workaround?

JIRA Link:
      https://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT-2578

Comment

Any workaround?
        Just place <resequencer> outside from <chain>. In other words: normalize your message-flow. All components are top-level elements and have 'input-' & 'output-channel' attributes.

Good luck!

For JIRA - thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Cleric View Post
          Just place <resequencer> outside from <chain>. In other words: normalize your message-flow. All components are top-level elements and have 'input-' & 'output-channel' attributes.
          Handler Chain is the recommended way to simplifies linear configuration to avoid define channels for each individual component., isn't that so?

Comment

isn't that so?
            Yes, it is.
            But it binds your hands and when you deside to place some additional logic within your 'chained' message-flow you may catch some issues.
            Right now, I think, we should make you message-flow working.

Nevertheless, can you explain what is the reason to have 'send-timeout' here at all?

Comment

isn't that so?
              Yes, it is.
              But it binds your hands and when you deside to place some additional logic within your 'chained' message-flow you may catch some issues.
              Right now, I think, we should make you message-flow working.

Nevertheless, can you explain what is the reason to have 'send-timeout' here at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleric View Post
                The input channel is int-ftp:inbound-channel-adapter, it will download all matched files in one polling.(max-messages-per-poll="-1" ).

Downstream handler chain will archive, header enrich(for file re-sequence by timestamp), and resequence file by timestamp(the timestamp included in file name, the pattern like XXXX_20120510102010.txt), and chain other component together to meet other requirement.

The "send-timeout" feature(TimeoutCountSequenceSizeReleaseStrategy) happen to meet my requirement since I'm not sure when left files arrived, so I'd like to use "send-timeout" to resequence all downloaded files and wait for a moment then go into left chained component.

Default SequenceSizeReleaseStrategy may not suitable for my case. Any good idea?
                Last edited by guoxu1231; May 22nd, 2012, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Well, now I see it won't help you.
                  Resequence just sort MessageGroup and produces replies for each message in the group.
                  You're right: you can use here TimeoutCountSequenceSizeReleaseStrategy but it is appropriate for <aggregator>.
                  So, you can just place before <resequencer> <aggregator> with mentioned ReleaseStrategy.

Hope that will help

Comment

Working...
                  X