X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control when sockets are opened by tcp-connection-factory

I'm writing a TCP server application using spring integration and I've come across an interesting problem.

I need to have a secondary deployment of my application on hot standby waiting if the primary falls over. I need the sockets on the secondary application to remain closed until they need to be opened.

The tcp-connection-factory seems to create the socket as soon as the context is loaded, is there any way of having the connection factory create the sockets in a closed state and then open them later?

Set auto-startup="false" on the inbound endpoint.

When you want it to start, send a message to a <control-bus/> with a payload "@endpointName.start()".

If you don't want to use the <control-bus/> you can also inject the endpoint into your application class and call start() directly.

That said, it sounds like a "warm" standby because action is needed, a hot standby would be listening and ready to go.

Comment

I've had a root around the documentation for auto-startup referring to tcp connections and couldn't find anything. Here's what i've got so far ...

Code:
      <int-ip:tcp-connection-factory id="tcpConnectionFactory" type="server" host="#{properties['host.address']}" 
      			port="#{properties['host.racecardPort']}" single-use="false" so-timeout="#{properties['host.timeout']}" deserializer="javaDeserializer"
          			serializer="javaSerializer" />

<int-ip:tcp-inbound-channel-adapter channel="inboundChannel" id="inbound" connection-factory="tcpConnectionFactory" />

Comment

May the documentation be damned, its there. Thanks very much for your help

Comment

It goes on the inbound channel adapter. Most SI components have these lifecycle attributes (defaulting to true) so we don't document them everywhere. Feel free to open a documentation JIRA issue if you wish.

From the schema...

Code:
          <xsd:attribute name="auto-startup" type="xsd:string">
          	<xsd:annotation>
          		<xsd:documentation><![CDATA[
              Boolean value indicating whether this endpoint should start automatically.
          		]]></xsd:documentation>
          	</xsd:annotation>
          </xsd:attribute>

Comment

Working...
          X