Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird empty payload issue

Hey everyone,

I'm seeing a strange new problem with sending a message from a local service to a REST service via a HttpRequestExecutingMessageHandler. Previously, this has all worked fine for prior events, but now it seems to be playing up with some new data.

So, the backstory is that I'm encoding some XML files in URL-safe gzipped Base64 strings that I then send to my web service for consumption via REST (HTTP POST). This all works fine for a small number of XMLs (say 10 or 15 or so). However, in this particular case, I see an empty payload on the REST side, yet my wiretapped output channel shows the message as having a properly populated payload before sending it on.

The output on the server side is this:

Code:
    DEBUG [MessageConsumerController]: Using gateway proxy for service interface [interface service.integration.strategy.NotificationGateway]
    DEBUG [DirectChannel]: preSend on channel 'channel-NotificationConsumer', message: [Payload={}][Headers={timestamp=1336573226588, id=8580b592-41ae-4b4b-aa30-d1b0cc35f88d, handler=manager.UserAuthRequestManager@211b37}]
    DEBUG [ServiceActivatingHandler]: ServiceActivator for [org.springframework.integration.handler.MethodInvokingMessageProcessor@103a864] received message: [Payload={}][Headers={timestamp=1336573226588, id=8580b592-41ae-4b4b-aa30-d1b0cc35f88d, handler=manager.UserAuthRequestManager@211b37}]
    DEBUG [ServiceActivatingHandler]: handler 'ServiceActivator for [org.springframework.integration.handler.MethodInvokingMessageProcessor@103a864]' produced no reply for request Message: [Payload={}][Headers={timestamp=1336573226588, id=8580b592-41ae-4b4b-aa30-d1b0cc35f88d, handler=manager.UserAuthRequestManager@211b37}]
    DEBUG [DirectChannel]: postSend (sent=true) on channel 'channel-NotificationConsumer', message: [Payload={}][Headers={timestamp=1336573226588, id=8580b592-41ae-4b4b-aa30-d1b0cc35f88d, handler=manager.UserAuthRequestManager@211b37}]
    If I reduce the number of XML files to send, it seems to work. Is there some size limit on the Endpoint that I can configure?

Cheers!

Rob

Not to worry. I guessed it must be some kind of HTTP POST size limit, so used a splitter to fragment the large message into several smaller ones and it works great!

Comment

Hey Rob

Out of curiosity how big was the message before?
      I'd personally like to investigate it further and possibly document it.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Oleg,

Erm I *think* the REST side request Content-Length was around 2MB but I'll double check.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Working...
        X