Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to handle Jaxb exception in transformer?

I have configured:

Code:
    <int-xml:unmarshalling-transformer unmarshaller="oxm" input-channel="payloadChannel" 
    		output-channel="pojos"/>

<bean id="oxm" class="org.springframework.oxm.jaxb.Jaxb2Marshaller">
    		<property name="contextPath" value="com.example"/>
    </bean>
    What is the proper way to handle exception, for example when the payload is not a XML document?

Thanks,
    Khoa

Put an error-channel on whatever the entry point to your flow is (gateway, inbound-channel-adapter, etc).

The error message will have a payload that has the failedMessage and cause as properties.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Russell View Post
      Put an error-channel on whatever the entry point to your flow is (gateway, inbound-channel-adapter, etc).

The error message will have a payload that has the failedMessage and cause as properties.
      Thanks Gary for your response. However my entry point:
      Code:
      <int:inbound-channel-adapter channel="fromAws" ref="sqs" method="getMessages">
      	<int:poller fixed-rate="1000" max-messages-per-poll="10"/>
      </int:inbound-channel-adapter>
      doesn't seem to take error-channel as a parameter.

Please advice.

Thanks,
      Khoa

Comment

For polled message sources, the error-channel goes on the poller.

Comment

Thanks Gary for the tip. It caught the exception, but I am still facing a deeper issue: there's a pub-sub channel mid-stream, and the Jaxb transformer above is one of the subscribers. The 2nd subscriber won't get the incoming message if the transformer throws an exception. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
          Khoa

Comment

I really depends on what you want to do with the error.

You can set ignore-failures="true" on the pub-sub channel, and the error will just be logged and we'll still deliver it to the other subscriber(s).

If you want to handle the exception in some way (and do more than log it), you'll have to split the flow by inserting a <gateway/> between the pub-sub-channel and the oxm transformer.

Code:
            <publish-subscribe-channel id="psc" />

<service-activator input-channel="psc" output-channel="nullChannel" ref="errorTrappingGateway" />

<gateway id="errorTrappingGateway" default-request-channel="toOxmTtransformer" error-channel="oxmErrorChannel" />
            This is similar to inserting a try{} catch {} within java code; just be sure to return something (anything) from error handler. Or, define an interface with a method that returns void and then the errorTrappingGateway won't be expecting a reply. In that case, you can leave off the nullChannel...

Code:
            <publish-subscribe-channel id="psc" />

<service-activator input-channel="psc" ref="errorTrappingGateway" method="oneWay" />

<gateway id="errorTrappingGateway" service-interface="foo.MyGw"
                default-request-channel="toOxmTtransformer" error-channel="oxmErrorChannel" />
            Code:
            public interface MyGw {
                void oneWay(Message<?> message);
            }

Comment

Thanks! Since I only need to log the exception for now, "ignore-failures" option works well. I will record other solutions in my notes for future opportunities.

Thanks again for your quick responses and a wonderful product.

Khoa

Comment

Working...
              X