Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Is AbstractJmsChannel an abstract class or not?

Hello

I am doing a deeper analysis for the SI 2.1.1 API and I did realize the follow for the AbstractJmsChannel's API
    Where appear

Code:
    public class AbstractJmsChannel extends AbstractMessageChannel
    If it is really an abstract class then should be

Code:
    public abstract class AbstractJmsChannel extends AbstractMessageChannel
    If It is a bug (seems yes) let me know to create a JIRA issue

Kind Regards

Yeah, this seems like leftover after refactoring. I would not call it a bug, since most likely it was left intentionally since changing class name would constitute a breking change and we try not to introduce breaking changes until the next major release.

Comment

Oleg, do you have the diff handy that shows that refactoring? I don't think we ever made a change where the abstract base class was intended to be used as a concrete channel. In fact, I'm guessing that we never had the abstract keyword on this class, and that as Amol pointed out, it should be there.

Comment

The last change I see is:

commit 55d9366c4b42a2a2f8724f8ed4debc3cb17e0200
        Author: Mark Fisher <. . @. .com> 2010-09-23 04:49:39
        Committer: Mark Fisher <. . @. .com> 2010-09-23 04:49:39
        . . .

And yes you are correct it seems to have always had "Abstract" in its name but was never 'abstract' class. So that's a bug, but I am wondering if we are stuck with it till 3.x since it would be a breaking change.

Comment

It would only be a breaking change if someone is using AbstractJmsChannel directly as a concrete class, and I doubt that's the case. Our two JMS-based channels created by parsers definitely do not.

Therefore, I'd say it's a case where bugginess outweighs any breaking change. I think we should target 2.2. It's basically harmless (just wrong), so it's probably okay to *not* backport this one to 2.1.

Agree?
          -Mark

Comment

Yep.

Manuel, you can raise a JIRA

Comment

Hello Oley and Mark

Oleg:

Manuel, you can raise a JIRA
              Done: https://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT-2540

Mark:

I think we should target 2.2. It's basically harmless (just wrong), so it's probably okay to *not* backport this one to 2.1.
              Is possible know when SI 2.2 would be available?

I did realize SI 2.1 has support about AMQP within (MessageChannel) where I think It was not available in SI 2.0, my point is, I dont want in a good sense spend some time researching with SI 2.1 and later have strong changes about the API for 2.2.

Kind Regards

Comment

Working...
              X