Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a Channel's Downstream components on first request?

Is there something similar to lazy-init for channels? I basically have a channel that I don't want the channels' downstream components initialized until the first time it actually receives a message. Is this doable?

See the dynamic-ftp sample in the advanced samples... https://github.com/garyrussell/sprin...ration-samples

It uses a dynamic channel resolver to instantiate a separate application context, and returns the channel which is the entry point to that flow.

Sounds like that would meet your requirements. The sample supports multiple instances (different ftp destinations); sounds like you just need one. Once it has been instantiated the first time, just return the channel immediately.

Comment

Cool... can I use a session factory like this without using the ftp outbound gateway?

Comment

I don't really understand the question; if you have a session factory that's not used by an endpoint, what's its purpose?

But I'm sure you have something else in mind.

Comment

I focused too much on the implementation detail when looking at your example. I applied the same concept but using a custom router.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X