Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange, with 2.8.4, and Spring AMQP 1.1.1, RabbitMQ java client 2.8.4, not able to send messages. I tried using your test above.
    Queue gets created but no message is getting pushed. Also, there is no trace in rabbitmq logs.

Comment

I suggest you run with trace level logging for org.springframework.amqp and compare the logs.

As I said, both versions work fine for me.

Comment

Garry,

Finally it worked for me. All the time I was upgrading the RabbitMQ on same ubuntu. This time, I just tried it installing RabbitMQ 2.8.4 on another VM. All worked (including DLQ) fine. (Still clueless why upgrade didn't work - was it my machine or some remainings of earlier RabbitMQ version)

Many thanks for your prompt replies!!

regards,
        raghav

Comment

Hi John,

I have tried your solution for dead lettering, but I keep getting the following error when attempting to retrieve messages from the queue:

"
          WARN [SimpleAsyncTaskExecutor-1][org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.listener.SimpleMes sageListenerContainer] Execution of Rabbit message listener failed, and no ErrorHandler has been set.
          org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.listener.FatalList enerExecutionException: Illegal null id in message. Failed to manage retry for message: (Body:'[B@e039859(byte[149])'; ID:null; Content:application/octet-stream; Headers:{}; Exchange:external.exchange; RoutingKey:; Reply:null; DeliveryMode:PERSISTENT; DeliveryTag:1) [...]
          "

Obviously the issue is that the message ID is not set, but I thought this is generated automatically. If this is not the case, could you please provide an insight on how to mitigate this?

Best regards,
          - Kimon

Comment

In order to do stateful retry, the message must have a unique id header - this has to be set by the sending system. Rabbot messages don't get an auto-generated id.

Comment

Working...
            X