X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EhCaching CompositeCacheManager Error

I am using Spring 3.1.1. I have the following configuration in my applicationContext.xml to integrate EhCache with Spring.

HTML Code:
    <!-- START EhCache Configuration -->
    	<cache:annotation-driven cache-manager="cacheManager" proxy-target-class="true"/>

<bean id="cacheManager" class="org.springframework.cache.support.CompositeCacheManager" p:fallbackToNoOpCache="true">
    		<property name="cacheManagers">
    			<list>
    				<ref bean="ehCacheManager" />
    			</list>
    		</property>
    	</bean>
    <bean id="ehCacheManager" class="org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheCacheManager" p:cacheManager-ref="ehCache">
    		<!-- <property name="configLocation" value="/WEB-INF/ehcache.xml" /> -->
    	</bean>

<bean id="ehCache" class="org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheManagerFactoryBean" p:config-location="/WEB-INF/ehcache.xml" />
    	<!-- END EhCache Configuration -->
    When I run my application I get the following error

Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyExcep tion: Invalid property '
    fallbackToNoOpCache' of bean class [org.springframework.cache.support.CompositeCacheMa nager]: Bean property 'fallbackToNoOpCache' is not writable or has an invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of the setter match the return type of the getter?
    [java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(Abs tractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1361
    )
    [java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:1086)
    [java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)
    [java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
    [java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 95)
    [java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:222)
    [java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:292 )
    [java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
    [java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitio nValueResolver.java:322)
    [java] ... 84 more

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated.

This forum is for the Spring Integration Project http://www.springsource.org/spring-integration

That said, I can't reproduce your problem, fallbackToNoOpCache has a setter of type boolean, and code very similar to yours works fine for me.

Can you run with debug for org.springframework.* and post the entire bean initialization sequence, and full stack trace, in a zip?

Comment

Thanks for your quick response Gary. I posted it under Integration because Cache Abstraction is documented under Integration. Sorry about that.

Find attached the bean initialization sequence and full stack trace as requested.

Comment

Hi Rosemary,

Unfortunately, this only has INFO level logs; as I mentioned...

Can you run with DEBUG for org.springframework.* and post ...
        Spring emits lots of useful diagnostics under DEBUG.

I am happy to continue to try to help, but you may get a faster response from somebody more familiar with cache here...

http://forum.springsource.org/forumd...p?26-Container

Comment

Working...
        X