Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Is there a stable Spring Integration Samples version available? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a stable Spring Integration Samples version available?

Hi,

The zip version of the Spring Integration Samples available in the GitHub varies regularly. I understand that since Spring Integration Samples repository is a live repository, the zip also changes accordingly.

But, is there a stable version of Spring Integration Samples downloadable zip available somewhere? I could not find the Spring Integration Samples in the spring maven RELEASE's repository as well. Is there a GA version of Spring Integration Samples project available?

Thanks,
    Nihar.

I am afraid there isnt, but isn't it good to get the latest samples?

Comment

It is good to get the latest samples.

I am just curious to know if there is a version of Spring Integration Samples that is stable w.r.t. to its dependencies at least - so that we can be sure what we download tomorrow won't suddenly depend on SI 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT features.. ?
      (current Spring Integration GA version: 2.1.0.RELEASE)

Comment

Hi,

We try to keep all the samples in synch with the latest stable release of Spring Integration. Currently, all samples in the master branch are using Spring Integration 2.1. Thus, Spring Integration Samples's master branch should always be in synch with the latest release version of Spring Integration.

However, newly developed samples (that did not existed before) may rely on Spring Integration SNAPSHOT versions. We started to formalize the Spring Integration Samples Jira in order to keep track of Spring Integration Samples issues in regards to the Spring Integration versions being used.

If there is user interest in a more formalized release-cycle, please let us know. If it helps we could Tag the Spring Integration repo with each Spring Integration release.

Cheers,

Gunnar

Comment

Originally posted by ghillert View Post
          Hi,

We try to keep all the samples in synch with the latest stable release of Spring Integration. Currently, all samples in the master branch are using Spring Integration 2.1. Thus, Spring Integration Samples's master branch should always be in synch with the latest release version of Spring Integration.

However, newly developed samples (that did not existed before) may rely on Spring Integration SNAPSHOT versions. We started to formalize the Spring Integration Samples Jira in order to keep track of Spring Integration Samples issues in regards to the Spring Integration versions being used.

If there is user interest in a more formalized release-cycle, please let us know. If it helps we could Tag the Spring Integration repo with each Spring Integration release.

Cheers,

Gunnar
          Hi Gunnar,

It would be really nice if we can have a more formalized release-cycle for Spring Integration Samples by tagging the Spring Integration Samples repo with each Spring Integration release. This would certainly ensure what we download tomorrow won't suddenly depend on Spring Integration SNAPSHOT features and would encourage users to explore the current stable RELEASE version of Samples without needing to do an upgrade regularly.

Thanks,
          Nihar.

Comment

Hi Gunnar

I have a couple of points around lifecycle and versioning of the SI Samples.

Firstly on versioning.. We have many projects using various versions of Spring Integration. The samples are a great resource that we want to make use of and being able to find the version of the Samples appropriate to the SI version will prevent a lot of confusion. Tagging might be a reasonable solution to this.

Secondly we have problems obtaining -SNAPSHOT dependencies (basically they are not available through our proxy). You said:
            Spring Integration Samples's master branch should always be in synch with the latest release version of Spring Integration.

However, newly developed samples (that did not existed before) may rely on Spring Integration SNAPSHOT versions.
            I'm slightly confused by those statements as they seem to conflict. Can we be sure that latest SI Samples master branch will depend on .RELEASE versions or is it possible that -SNAPSHOT dependencies will turn up?

Comment

Working...
            X