Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Dispatcher has no subscribers: Not in IDE, only when deployed to Websphere?! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispatcher has no subscribers: Not in IDE, only when deployed to Websphere?!

i have a junit test and a webapp which execute the same SI 2.0.5 (Spring 3.0.5) code successfully in STS and RAD
    (war under tomcat in STS, ear under websphere in RAD),
    but when i build the code into an ear using ant and deploy to websphere (6.1.x) "proper",
    i get:

Code:
    [1/19/12 12:58:08:690 EST] 0000004f SystemErr     R Caused by: org.springframework.integration.MessageDeliveryException: Dispatcher has no subscribers.
    	at org.springframework.integration.dispatcher.UnicastingDispatcher.doDispatch(UnicastingDispatcher.java:104)
    	at org.springframework.integration.dispatcher.UnicastingDispatcher.dispatch(UnicastingDispatcher.java:97)
    	at org.springframework.integration.channel.AbstractSubscribableChannel.doSend(AbstractSubscribableChannel.java:61)
    	at org.springframework.integration.channel.AbstractMessageChannel.send(AbstractMessageChannel.java:157)
    	at org.springframework.integration.channel.AbstractMessageChannel.send(AbstractMessageChannel.java:128)
    	at org.springframework.integration.core.MessagingTemplate.doSend(MessagingTemplate.java:288)
    	at org.springframework.integration.core.MessagingTemplate.doSendAndReceive(MessagingTemplate.java:318)
    	at org.springframework.integration.core.MessagingTemplate.sendAndReceive(MessagingTemplate.java:239)
    	at org.springframework.integration.core.MessagingTemplate.sendAndReceive(MessagingTemplate.java:235)
    there are some specific details about code, build scripts and websphere that i can look into,
    but before i potentially go on a witch hunt, i figured i'd go bumming for suggestions as to what might lead to
    this disparate behavior across environments (vs i just flubbed the configuration and it has never worked).

for instance, in my preliminary investigation, i came across some mention of SmartLifecycle. I'm not familiar with this,
    so i haven't made use of it explicitly, could not paying attention to that cause subtle timing differences in different environments that could lead to this condition? if so, how might i hook into the SmartLifecycle to affect this?

any suggestions appreciated,
    tony.
    Last edited by tony_k; Jan 19th, 2012, 07:41 PM.

after a few bounces of the websphere jvm this issue seems to have resolved itself.

i'm going to chalk this one up to websphere gremlins and move on

Comment

Working...
    X