Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Spring fron Non-spring application

Hi guys,

I am going to make a component that will communicate with an external partner. Other in-house applications will use my component to call services at this partner.

I am considering either using an EJB that these applications would access, or using Spring. If I go for an EJB they would simply do a lookup as usual, but what is the equivalent in Spring? What is the preferred strategy in Spring when other applications need to call a Spring Service. Note that these clients may not be Spring-applications.

Thanks in advance.

/M

Web services, MQ are other possible options where systems running on different technologies communicate with each other. There are some other factors that you must keep in mind before you choose an approach.
    Is the call from external application stateful or stateless? Do you expect the transaction to be propagated with the calls? etc.
    If you can give more details about the application you are looking to develop, that might help.

Comment

Hello Amol,

Thanks for your reply. The calls from the internal applications will be stateless, and I dont wish to use MQ with this service.

I decided to try Springs HttpInvoker for this and it seems to work fine for now.

/MSJ

Comment

Working...
      X