Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I configure incoming requests to be strings?

I have a basic Spring Integration-ws inbound gateway, that uses UriEndpointMappings to direct the incoming SOAP messages to channels. Right now those messages show up as DOMSource objects. Is there a way to configure the inbound-gateway to treat the requests as strings?

here is the application context code the gateway tosses the message onto the channel that I then routed to stdout, which tells me it is a DOMSource object. Since the end goal is to simply put the incoming message directly onto an outgoing JMS queue, I need it to be treated as a string.

Code:
        <bean class="org.springframework.ws.server.endpoint.mapping.UriEndpointMapping">
            <property name="mappings">
                <props>
                    <prop key="${my.data.url}">dataGateway</prop>
                </props>
            </property>
        </bean>

<si:channel id="dataArrivedChannel" />
        <si-ws:inbound-gateway id="dataGateway" request-channel="dataArrivedChannel" />
      <stream:stdout-channel-adapter id="stdoutAdaptorWithDefaultCharsetDataArrived" channel="dataArrivedChannel"/>
    For the time being I have a transformer to convert from DOMSource to string, but with millions of messages coming through over a short period of time, I really can't afford the time for the conversion if there is a way to have spring treat the incoming request as a string.

Thanks for your help!

I am guessing since no one has responded, that there is no way to configure the channel to represent it's payload as a string. I have had to write two convertors now just to get to a String. Once for the case mentioned above, and once for an incoming WebLogic JMS queue, it was represented as a byte[] which had to be converted to string to perform the Marshalling. I think this would be a very good enhancement for Spring Integration for future release. I have talked with some other SI developers, and they have all had issues with this exact same thing. The transformer's aren't hard to write, but for my case above, I don't even need it to be a DOMSource object, as I never look at it, just need to place it on an outgoing JMS Queue to be processed downstream. With millions of messages a day, it's too much of performance hit to convert, transform, etc several times.

Can someone on the Spring Integration team add an enhancement request for this?

Comment

Phlip

You can open an enhancement request in JIRA yourself In fact that would ba a preferred way.

But before you do that you can also try to register native Spring WS EndpointInterceptor.

Also I have a question: What do you mean when you say- "to treat the requests as strings". It comes in as Source from WS so someone has to convert it back to String, right?

Comment

Thanks for your reply Oleg.

The inbound Gateway places the SOAP Message onto the channel, already converted to a Java DOMSource object. What I really needed was a way to configure the inbound gateway to treat the incoming SOAP request, even though it is XML, as a string and place a string on the channel. Then I could have connected that channel directly to the outgoing JMS queue. It would have saved converting to DomSource -> then back to String. Because of the quantity, I need to just received the messages as fast as possible and pass downstream to process.

I will have to take a look at the EndpointInterceptor, still fairly new to Spring Integration.

Comment

Working...
        X