X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bilgin,
    Thanks for evaluating the library. Can you perhaps give me more specific information about the queue endpoints? Do you mean to say the endpoints that are AWS region specific?
    We are in a process of enhancing these adapters for usability purpose and feedback from the end users is very useful indeed. Will keep you updated in it.

Cheers
    Amol.

Comment

Yes, exactly. For example it is not possible to use a queue with url like https://eu-west-1.queue.amazonaws.com/477...

Bilgin

Comment

Ok, I'll take a look at this one and have a fix for this one included

Comment

Hello Bilgin,
          I have resolved the issue you mentioned about using the region specific URL. Please take the latest from here and try if it works. Thanks for bringing this up.

Cheers,
          Amol.

Comment

Hi Amol,

I noticed another bug in s3 outbound adapter:

User metadata (which can be set to the message with header name user_meta_data) is actually never set to PutObjectRequest, so it is not possible to add any user specific meta data.

Bilgin

Comment

I'll have a look at that too and update you on it. Meanwhile, is you SQS issue sorted out with the latest changes?

Comment

First of all, thanks for this subproject, I think it's one of the most useful add-ons for Spring Integration, and in my opinion these connectors should become part of Spring Integration.

Could you give an update about the status of the project? the code hasn't been touched in github for a couple months so I'm wondering if active development is still ongoing, or it's just maintenance - and also if it's being considered for inclusion into main project or as some sort of 'addon' project.

Thanks again!

Comment

Hello flozano, thanks for having a look at the adapters. I am currently working with somebody to get these tested in the live systems and try to address the shortcomings in it. This is planned for inclusion in the spring integration's extension repo later. It would be great if you can try them out and let me know about your views.
                  Currently I am planning to stabilize the the adapters we have for SQS, SES and S3. SQS was recently updated to enable it to receive notifications from SNS.
                  Next I will be adding support for Dynamo DB , currently I am analysing the design and should start off with the development in around a couple of weeks (i am assuming my current task in hand is done by then). Once Dynamo DB integration is done i will be planning for adding outbound adapters for SNS and finally add support for Simple DB.

You can expect to see some more things being added to these extensions.
                  Last edited by Amol Nayak; Jul 16th, 2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Sounds great, thanks a lot for your hard work and for the time you are investing in this.

I will for sure try it.

Comment

Thanks.. Look forward to hearing about it from you

Comment

Amol,

Has there been any further work done with the library. I noticed it has not been touched for almost 7 months now. If you are not actively developing it, I would be interested in working on it some more as I have a need on some of my projects to interact with AWS resources.

-Matt

Comment

Hello Matt,
                          The repository spring-integration-aws is no longer maintained as eventually things are planned to be moved to spring-integration-extensions. There is is a Pull Request for AWS SES adapters which is the polished version of my repository's code. I also have a Branch for S3 in my extension repository, but i am awaiting the merging of SES adapters. Once the SES adapters are merged, i will rebase my S3 adapters and issue a PR for it. Once S3 gets merged, i will be taking the SQS code from my old AWS repo, polish it and issue a PR for that .

I will be glad if we can work together for subsequent adapters. SNS outbound adapters, Dynamo DB and Simple DB is what i am planning to support as well along with enriching the S3 to support gateways as well.

Comment

Hi Amol,

I am looking for the best way of sending an email using amazon SES through Spring Integration and I have found your project but I don't know whether your project is still alive or there are a better choice at this moment.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X