X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to integrate Spring application with Mule ESB

I want to integrate my spring (3.0) application with Mule ESB (Mule3) and make available those service for different clients (.Net, GWT etc). For accomplish this, whether I should deploy my Spring application as separate component and define Endpoint on Mule or I can deploy my spring application inside the Mule and provide those services to outside clients. If anyone know some ideas or any sample reference projects related to this problem, can please update me. Thanks.
    Last edited by channaitfac; Sep 15th, 2011, 01:54 AM.

Well, you are posting this question in the forum for Spring Integration framework wich is an EIP framework and naturally a lighter alternative to Mule ESB (and obviously competes with Mule ESB). So the natural question would be if you already looking into Spring Integration why Mule? What capabilities do you have in Mule that you believe are missing from Spring Integration?

Cheers

Comment

Hi Zhurakousky!

Many thanks for your feedback. Actually I am new to area of application integration, before you have mention I have not any idea about "Spring Integration framework" thanks a lot for that. Can you please give some instructions, with "Spring Integration" how can I integrate my spring application to .Net client.

And also can you please tell me, if I use Mule it will handle all the transportation layer and integration layer specific stuffs know (ex: manage queues, translations handing , message handing, load balance etc). Then when I use "Spring Integration framework" how I should address those stuffs (what are the relevant application servers and is possible to find tune them).

Thanks.
      Last edited by channaitfac; Sep 16th, 2011, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Sure. First you need to decide how you want to integrate since you are breaking platform boundaries. In other words here are the list of integration endpoints thta would work well for integrating with .Net - REST, SOAP, AMQP, TCP, Redis, Mail. Personally I favor AMQP, than TCP, than REST.

Let me know and i'll put you in the right direction

P.S. Zhurakousky is my last name

Comment

Hi Oleg !

Thanks for your favourable reply.

I am so sorry for make you inconvenience by addressing you with your last name .
          Yes I have gone through AMQP examples that you have posted for my another question, thanks a lot for them.

But now am in really confusion salvation that mean I am OK with use spring as a middle ware (define services and manipulate DTOs, DAO etc), but I am new to enterprise application instigation area.
          According to customer requirements it seems I have to design this application as ERP, that mean I have to centralise the business logics as services add provide different kind of clients (.Net, GWT etc remote clients which are hosted in different machines) which consume those services. For make accomplish this I am plaining to do,

1) Deploy & host business logics as spring services.
          - For that where I better to use "Mule" like esb or "Spring Integration framework" with some application server.
          - As a advantage I can see Mule will get care about transportation layer and integration layer related stuffs and as a disadvantage I can see esb are too much heavy.
          - If I use "Spring Integration framework" for this - with some application serve, r as advantage it seems like more lightweight and easy to maintains, but as disadvantage it seems I should implement some kind of proper mechanism handle transportation layer and integration layer related operations.

2) Make available those services to all clients to via some protocol.
          - I have not any idea as a optimise solution, whether I should use "Queues" (AMQP, ActiveMQ etc) or some kind of messaging "Protocols" (REST, SOAP etc) for this intigration.
          - Using those "Queues" or "Protocols" make more easy to client side developers to can carry out their works without much overhead.

Cay you please put some your suggestions and ideas related to this scenario, those are very much helpfully to me.

Thanks.

Comment

For that where I better to use "Mule" like esb or "Spring Integration framework" with some application server
            Of course I woud prefer if you not use Mule and only use Spring Integration. In the nutshell ESB is nothing more than a stateful application hosting EIP components and the simple example like this https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...ter/basic/http demonstrates this where you have a standard web (WAR) application deployed to Tomcat or WAS or any other Servlet container and accepts HTTP requests. Just as an example by configuring JMS, AMQP, TCP, Twitter etc., they would be exposed along side with HTTP endpoints.
            As a advantage I can see Mule will get care about transportation layer and integration layer
            Spring integration takes care of the same thing. So in a way you can look at any ESB as nothing more then Server + EIP. The only difference is that off the shelf ESBs forcing you ti use their server where with Spring Integration you pick what you want.
            If I use "Spring Integration framework" for this - with some application serve, r as advantage it seems like more lightweight and easy to maintains, but as disadvantage it seems I should implement some kind of proper mechanism handle transportation layer
            That is not true since what you are describing regarding transportation and integration layer is handled by EIP which is at the level of the framework such as Spring Integration. Read this article by one of our guys http://www.infoq.com/articles/Spring...on-Joshua-Long and look down at the comments especially the one from Tom McCuch when he talks about SOA and ESB "SOA is an architectural pattern. A pattern, by definition, is the encapsulation. . . ." That should explain you the difference between ESB and alternative approaches.

Hoe that helps

Comment

Hi Oleg !

Many thanks for your guide full detailed answer. I will refer them and try to understand those valuable concepts, so sorry if I faced some kind of issues I will get back to you.

Thanks,
              Have a nice time

Comment

Spring solution as part of WMWare Products

Originally posted by oleg.zhurakousky View Post
                Of course I woud prefer if you not use Mule and only use Spring Integration. In the nutshell ESB is nothing more than a stateful application hosting EIP components and the simple example like this https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...ter/basic/http demonstrates this where you have a standard web (WAR) application deployed to Tomcat or WAS or any other Servlet container and accepts HTTP requests. Just as an example by configuring JMS, AMQP, TCP, Twitter etc., they would be exposed along side with HTTP endpoints.
                Spring integration takes care of the same thing. So in a way you can look at any ESB as nothing more then Server + EIP. The only difference is that off the shelf ESBs forcing you ti use their server where with Spring Integration you pick what you want.
                That is not true since what you are describing regarding transportation and integration layer is handled by EIP which is at the level of the framework such as Spring Integration. Read this article by one of our guys http://www.infoq.com/articles/Spring...on-Joshua-Long and look down at the comments especially the one from Tom McCuch when he talks about SOA and ESB "SOA is an architectural pattern. A pattern, by definition, is the encapsulation. . . ." That should explain you the difference between ESB and alternative approaches.

Hoe that helps

Hi Oleg.

But why Wavemaker (spring framework base tool) is partnering with mulesoft esb instead of promoting their spring integration in it's website???

Regards,

Dharma

Comment

Working...
                X