Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubts about "resolution-required" with Routers

Hello guys

Just to confirm the follow behavior

When I work with a Router and it has the attribute defined resolution-required="false" for example

Alfa:
    Code:
    <int:payload-type-router input-channel="inicio" 
                             resolution-required="false">
    	<int:mapping type="java.lang.String" channel="stringChannel" />
    	<int:mapping type="java.lang.Integer" channel="integerChannel" />
    	<int:mapping type="com.manuel.jordan.domain.ItemArticulo" channel="instrumentoMusicalChannel" />		
    </int:payload-type-router>
    or simply the attribute resolution-required is not defined, for example

Beta:
    Code:
    <int:payload-type-router input-channel="inicio" >
    	<int:mapping type="java.lang.String" channel="stringChannel" />
    	<int:mapping type="java.lang.Integer" channel="integerChannel" />
    	<int:mapping type="com.manuel.jordan.domain.ItemArticulo" channel="instrumentoMusicalChannel" />		
    </int:payload-type-router>
    I know the purpose about resolution-required="true" and default-output-channel="noTypeMatchChannel", but I want excluded for my follow question these two attributes for the moment, because when I add a Router element with the STS's integration-graph these attributes are not included by default to be defined. It could has no sense but read the follow to understand my point

I did realize that If I send a Message with a payload of a type not defined in the router, working with either Alfa or Beta, for example java.math.BigDecimal it is ignored

Question 1: really this message is lost or is dropped?

I am doing this question in case If I have a huge flow process with many routers and I forgot to define resolution-required="true" and/or default-output-channel="noTypeMatchChannel", therefore the Message is dropped but I dont receive none notification about the Router's drop decision, therefore it would be problematic if I work with Testing methods or I could be breaking my head why a Message no arrive to some endpoint due that some Router dropped the expected Message

Question 2: would be possible add a feature by default to all Router's types to advice in some way or to let us know the Router's drop decision?

Perhaps write it in some .log file I hope you see my point. Again consider if you have a huge flow process and by human error you have an router with this situation

Thanks in advanced
Working...
X